Adventures in online dating // 01

Okay, look. I'm the kind of gal that does what she can to get what she wants. Going on dates is in no way excluded from this. After failing to find quality guys to spend my time with the old fashioned way, I decided to try online dating. My roommate has been on okCupid for a couple of years now so that's the service I decided to go with too. I've been on there for all of one week and have met some characters! That, plus the fact that I don't take too many things very seriously has resulted in some pretty good times. Please read on to see what I mean (white boxes=him; blue boxes=me).


After this exchange I decided it'd probably be a nice humorous addition to my weekly postings on My Billie. Get ready for some fun times y'all!

So what should I say to him next??

*UPDATE: Someone commented anonymously that I was posting this guy's username and private messages without his consent, but he was okay with it guys! This message is obviously butchered together and some of the messages aren't included. If you're interested in his response to me sharing our message conversation online, his answer was "YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE ME FAMOUS". Which just makes sense, yes. : ) I appreciate your concern for protecting the innocent in this situation anonymous person!

18 comments:

Shaina G said...

this is amazing i should start posting the rando conversations with guys who try an add me on facebook

Katia said...

LMFAOAO This is hilarious!

The only reason I'd never give online dating a try (although I am skeptical to begin with) is because, like you, I wouldn't be able to take it seriously.

Heck I can hardly take real life dating seriously!

xo
http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

Kory said...

This might be the funniest blog post over! I'm assuming you were yanking his chain the whole time, which makes the very end that much better. Can't wait to read more! :)

Katie Chamel said...

Hey! I'm in Hattiesburg! Best of luck with your online dating! This should be really great addition to your blog! ;p

Yelle said...

So funny! I love a good + humorous text/IM convo. Hope things work out in your favor!

Sierra said...

YES.

(that is all)

Anonymous said...

Seems not cool to post someone's private messages (and their photo and username) without their permission?

jorjiapeach said...

bahhaha. everything about this rules.

Unknown said...

Oh dear! Haha. I tried okcupid for a grand total of 4 hours last week, and got a whole bunch of super creepy comments :s x

Unknown said...

I forget how mad people can be sometimes.
Your responses are brilliant..

VintageLover said...

he seems funny, Only not 28..

Anonymous said...

This is my favourite thing ever. I did the online dating thing back in the day and it was straight up hilarious. The things people say and the commitment of time they expect you to give them... ugh.

It's like they think they have the right to get offended if you think, 'Hm. Not for me.'

I've actually been in full-blown arguments with men on sites like that. It's fun to troll!

Hannah said...

HAHA! Is it weird I want to join okCupid just to have these conversations with guys?

Unknown said...

this has made my day. you're awesome.

Kyla said...

Oh my gosh, please share these weekly! I was on OK Cupid for a while, but met someone so I deleted my account. I have to say...there are some great characters on there :P You could always call him, since clearly he wants you too, haha.

Anonymous said...

this brought me so much joy. potentially going to be one of your best segments. EXCITED.

The Charley Girl said...

If someone is willingly putting that info online themselves it's fair game to use (picture, age, location). Plus, voicemails, emails and OkCupid messages are YOUR property no matter what the content. If he doesn't want it to be public than he shouldn't write it to a stranger on the internet in the first place. End rant.

I'm happy you're on OkCupid! I used it for a little while when I was single and met some quality people as well as entertaining crazies. I have a few friends who found their current significant other on there as well! Can't wait to read more of these! xo

Female Escorts said...

That's make me so much excited....amazing adventures in online dating!

Blogging tips