DIY: easy silhouettes on kraft paper

So I've been away from my laptop for about 5 days now and I. feel. CRAZY. I did just fine without service on my cell phone and with having a bonfire as my only heat source (brewing coffee over a fire is FUN, just saying). But I feel a special little connection with my laptop.. I like this little world I've surrounded myself with on blogger. I found myself wondering what different girls were posting about or doing over the weekend.

Anywho. I'm back from camping and getting into the swing of things with electrical appliances and actual beds. And now I'm here to show you a reaaaally simple decor DIY that can add a little touch of personality to your sweet abode. 

 
My little sister made the deer one and I made the one with the three heads. Once I get everything up on my bedroom walls I'll show you what it looks like in an actual room!


 First off you'll need to grab a few things (most of which you'll probably having lying around!). Any sized frame, double-sided tape, a pair of scissors, an image of anything you want (we printed ours off the computer but try using a picture you took or something that you drew yourself!), fancy paper, and kraft paper that's at least the size of your picture frame.


1. Tape your image to the back side of your pretty paper with a couple of strips of double-sided tape. 2. Carefully cut the image out. 3. Take the glass out of your frame then use it as a guide to cut your kraft paper. 4. Put a couple of strips of your tape on the back of your image, then... 5. Stick it on your kraft paper. Just stick your kraft paper into your frame and you're good to go!


Like I said: super simple. I'll have another incredibly easy DIY up later this week (it involves toy deer and sparkly things!). 

5 comments:

two birds said...

i love this...i am so doing it this weekend!

kait said...

wow! these are awesome and inexpensive too which i love since i am always broke but feeling very crafty!

ShyScout said...

Awesome! I want to make an Abe Lincoln one. Thank you!! Welcome back to the world of blogging. I am really jealous you got to go camping.

P.S. I gave you an award on my blog today. You should check it out when you get the time :]

blytheponytailparades said...

Wow Wow Wow this is soooo cool! I HAVE to do this!

Jenni Austria Germany said...

i'm terrible at DIYs. maybe i should just hire you to be my DIYer.

Blogging tips