So I found this tutorial at Honestly WTF and had to try it. I've only worked with leather/suede a little bit (the first time was while making this no-knit scarf of their's..) so I was itching to get my little fingers wrapped around another project using it. PLUS you get to use an xacto knife. Which is my favorite.
1. Supplies needed: Roshcard image (found here), suede/leather strip, fabric-cutting scissors, leather rotary punch, chain, xacto knife, pliers, double sided tape (not pictured) and jump rings (also not pictured...sorry!). 2. Cut out your Roscharch image. 3-4. Use your double-sided tape and stick image to suede/leather piece. Use your scissors and xacto knife to cut the piece out of the leather. 5. Use your rotary punch to put holes in the top of the suede/leather image. 6. Use your pliers to attach jump rings. DONE!
This necklace was so much fun to make! When I open up my etsy shop you'll see necklaces like this in a few other designs (yayyy). You can see me wearing it in this outfit post. I ended up taking the little dangly chains off of it. It suits my fancy much more now! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment