Me and my roommate invited a friend over and had ourselves a little cocktail party last week! As you might remember, the biggest thing I'm trying to accomplish this year is
getting my finances in order (because I
suck at money--it's the one thing I have
never been a control freak about!). One way I plan on saving money is by going out less and doing my fun-time drinking at home (and it's really cool to not worry about finding a DD!). I found
this drink on Pinterest and knew I wanted to try my hand at making my own version. I'm a little sad to say that there was no basil in the production of this beverage, but future endeavors will definitely include it. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to buy another basil plant so everything I consume can have basil in it!
Actually. The drink I made has almost nothing to do with the drink that inspired it. There's no basil or pomegranate. No simple syrup and no gin. But you know...it involves lemony things and the same color. Read on to see how to make this deliciousness:
Pour a shot of whiskey (bourbon works too!) into your tumbler. Add about 1.5 to two times as much lemon soda. Squeeze juice from the blood orange into your drink, then add as much of the bitters as you can stand. I had NO idea I loved bitters as much as I do. Use them a'plenty people.
Mix and enjoy!
What's some more drink ideas? I love whiskey drinks and herby stuff. Nothing
too sweet or fruity! Tell me everything you know.
9 comments:
yummmm. i'm all about drinking at home. saving money andddd being safe. the best.
Yum i love makers mark - this looks like my kind of cocktail!
My hubby loves old fashioned's so I bet he would love this too!
Mmmmm, tasty.
looks yummers! I have a big bag or blood oranges awaitin' the juicer, this is so helping...
Sanpellegrino lemon is my favourite drink EVER. It is sooo tasty.
This whole drink sounds great. Blood Oranges are so beautiful!
I've recently discovered bitters too, now i want a cocktail bar of my own!
chloex
this looks amazing, and I love the layout you used for the photos! Blood oranges are so pretty, I've never had one before!
It sounds awesome! I really need to stop getting pregnant so I can drink, haha.
This looks like it's gonna be my new favorite drink!
Post a Comment