Life currently


Life lately...has been so up and down.

I'll be moving from Jackson to Hattiesburg pretty soon to start school for graphic design. I've fought back and forth for a few years about if I even want to finish school. I've always felt like anything I want to do I can probably teach myself. I mean I'm already making a little money with the small design gig that I've got going and there are a million tutorials out there for anything that I want to learn. But I feel good about going back to school. I love taking classes and the formal instruction will be good for me.

Besides that small little life transition, I've completed some new blog designs and am about to start work on a couple more (fyi--there's a chance to win a custom blog design on Chloe's blog!). I've got a great post from Lena coming this week, a DIY on some craaazy pants, a feature post for my small and medium sponsors plus this is the last day for the $50 Shabby Apple gift card! PHEW.

Oh. And this dress is one that my Meme made me a few years ago. She's the best.

You better have the best week ever or I just might cry.

11 comments:

Annabel said...

That dress is so amazing, ohhh I want it!
I think you will do well at school, you seem so focused, you can do it! :) I know I learn better at school, without that environment, I dont have the motivation.
xo

Danielle Leal said...

That dress is so awesome! I love it and it looks great on you!

Shyscout said...

Congrats on deciding to go back to school - especially for graphic design! While tutorials are all good and dandy, having a formal education on the subject will help you grow immensely. At least it did for me. I am so glad to have a fellow graphic designer blogging buddy!! :]


Also - super cute dress lady!!

katie wimmer said...

i'm excited for you to go back to school! i miss it, and even though everything is kind of learnable online these days, it's nice to have professors around and a classroom setting to wade through all of the information in. :) <3

Sierra said...

You're so pretty, Mel! I love this dress. Your Meme definitely deserves a high-five for that one.

http://viennawaitsblog.blogspot.com/

Kira said...

That dress is awesome, she did a great job!

Adrian Lesoing said...

Cuuuute dress! Have a good week! :)

Kelley Spurlock said...

Don't cry please. It was the best week ever. Close enough

Katherine McAdoo said...

i love this dress - and the heels are just lovely too! good luckw ith your move and going back to school - that's a great move to make and i wish you the best!

Danielle said...

Congrats on moving for school soon, and figuring out what you want to do. What an adventure!

And that dress is beautiful.

Clara said...

we live in the world that lack in compliments. we focus on what needs to be done instead of patting our shoulders on what has been done. so i figured, i wanted to drop by and say i love your blog and the stellar confidence you carry.

-C

http://lucyndiamonds.blogspot.com/

Blogging tips