So we all like funny, right?
RIGHT. Which is exactly why I [thoroughly] enjoy Sierra. I'm pretty much always entertained when I visit her blog and after following her on Twitter I got even more of that sassy stuff! And this lady gives the sweetest compliments and most helpful advice. Okay okay, and her style's pretty awesome!
RIGHT. Which is exactly why I [thoroughly] enjoy Sierra. I'm pretty much always entertained when I visit her blog and after following her on Twitter I got even more of that sassy stuff! And this lady gives the sweetest compliments and most helpful advice. Okay okay, and her style's pretty awesome!
Sierra Britton. You are the flame on top of my birthday cake candle. All of them. You are the night light that I almost burnt the house down with when I was 6 because I put a pink barbie dress around. Also, you are the strange yet comforting orange-ish light that shines through my window while I'm sleeping at night. You are all things bright in my life.
Whoa! I'm glad I got all of that off of my chest.
And now that I've prefaced you with a satisfying word vomit, please read on to Sierra's guest post that she did for you!....
Occasionally you will happen across someone on the street and you can immediately tell that their style stopped evolving in the early-90s. You know the people I'm talking about. They're the ladies at the grocery store with bleached blonde hair pulled back in a scrunchy, frizzy bangs fully exposed as they sift through their fanny-packs for exact change. They're the guys out for a jog wearing a windbreaker that is way too bright for their complexion with Beverly Hills 90210-esque sideburns that they should have shaved off before they even thought about leaving the house. Well, 10 years from now my friends and family will be able to point to summer 2012 as the moment when my style no longer continued to evolve. Seriously, though, why would I ever want to wear anything other than chambray and stripes?
Now I just have to wait for jellies to be cool again.
***All photos from Forever21.com
Blog: http://viennawaitsblog.blogspot.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/brittosim
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/brittosi/
Ha! When I was reading that I thought..."Why is Sierra dissing people? WHERE'S THE LOVE SIERRAA!? Where is it?" Then I read that last part and (seriously) laughed out loud. That girl.
And a tidbit more news for you guys! I had three guest posts of my own at some lovely blogs!
First up I did a metallic and burnt orange lust list over at Of Corgis+Cocktails.
And I also did an I-need-these-things-from-F21-reaaaal-bad list over at The Charley Girl.
And this month I'm teaming up with my XL sponsor Shakti and doing a whole slew of posts throughout the month! Today I'm featured in an interview she had with me! Tons of fun questions!
Its been a pretty full week! AND. I for real got a job today. Another manager job but at a different coffee shop. That's right. Back to slinging coffee! I'm helping a florist friend with an out-of-town wedding this weekend so I'll start my training on Monday. Who loves paychecks?
Its been a pretty full week! AND. I for real got a job today. Another manager job but at a different coffee shop. That's right. Back to slinging coffee! I'm helping a florist friend with an out-of-town wedding this weekend so I'll start my training on Monday. Who loves paychecks?
I do.
I'm still offering blog design and installation! I offer a very competitive price of $40 for EVERYTHING (it's a complete rebranding for you)! I'm almost through with my first three clients and will be able to show examples of my work as soon as they all go live! If you want to talk more about it (no commitment required) email me at mybilliedesigns@gmail.com.




8 comments:
wow you seem soo busy. how do you do it girl?
thanks for the blog recommendation. she seems pretty hilarious!
im out visiting new blogs now. just came across yours. loving it. love your style..
and off to visit more posts and blogs =)
Strange yet comforting is probably the best way to describe me. haha. Thank you so much for the feature, Mel. You are the best blog lady out of all the blog ladies in the whole wide world. I just might have to print out your words to take them with me wherever I go. You really are the best. The absolute best.
Also, congrats on your new job! I am off to check out your guest posts now :)
Looks like you have been pretty busy lately!
WOW hun, definately sounds like you're being pulled in a vast number of directions. Reading your workload for the past while actually made me feel exhausted haha. THought it was terribly cute of you to begin with your gush fest on Sierra, she certainlu sounds like a really lovely girl. All the very best for a new job too! ^^
Eeli xx
Oh man busy is an understatement! I drink lots of beer (eep--I was supposed to have a whole month off from drinking!) and have two days a week where I do NOTHING all day. It's awesome. And thanks for stopping by my blog! I'll be checking yours out in just a few minutes sweet lady!
Ha thanks Eeli (love your name!). Yes the amount of projects I take on would make anyone exhausted! I make sure to be extra lazy a couple days a week just so no one starts to think I'm an overachiever or anything : )
Girl. DEFINITELY have been : )
Ha I'd take a strange yet comforting lady as a friend any day! So glad to have you on the blog. Added a certain bit of spice, don't you think : )
Post a Comment