Blogging buddy: Shell of Kitty+Buck!

So I signed up to be in a blogging buddy swap-up of sorts via Nat from Modern Buttercup. Nat was one of my first followers (even when my design and content wasn't so good or quite where it is now) and I appreciate her so much for supporting me from the start. When I saw that she was putting on this project I had to sign up. I can tell she put a lot of thought into who she paired everyone with because I LOVE my blogging buddy, Shell.

Shell is the creative and inspiring beaut behind Kitty&Buck. And...fun fact! I just googled "beaut" to make sure it was a legit word, and it turns out it's Australian slang and so is Shell (Australian, not slang). Isn't she beautiful!?

This week we were supposed to get to know our blogging buddy a little bit more by asking them 7 questions. Read below to see my questions for Shell!


1. What's your favorite season? I have this theory that people gravitate toward the season they were born in, but I've been proven wrong a few times, so there you go! I really love spring because it's a comfortable temperature, there are flowers blooming and baby animals being born. The perfect time to enjoy nature!

2. What's your zodiac sign? Do you find that it accurately describes your personality? Why or why not? My zodiac sign is Libra. There are some uncanny similarities to my personality, but I think with astrology it's really easy to relate any kind of prediction to an aspect of your life. That said, I have a bad habit of being indecisive and I absolutely hate injustice. Things had better be fair around me!

3. What do you want to be when you grow up (I might have stolen this question from her!)? I'd love to be a full time musician ultimately! If I need to supplement that with my other passions, I'd like to run a vintage boutique/repurposed vintage goods store online so that I can work from home and on my own terms. One day I would love to have a vintage boutique/book store/coffee shop.

4. What comforts you?
 Being around my boyfriend and my kitties, snuggling under a warm fluffy blanket, being inside and watching a thunderstorm out the window. Hugs. Actually, all those things at once!



5. What's your favorite thing about blogging? I've only been blogging for a couple of months, but so far, I love the wonderful people I have had the opportunity to get to know and I've really benefited from having a creative outlet outside of my work as a designer.

6. How would you define your style? Never in style, never out of style? I generally wear things that I love without any real concern for current trends. I'm pretty passionate about supporting small and local businesses, so I try and buy vintage and locally made clothing where possible. I vary between skinny jeans and a leather jacket to lacy dresses and everything in between. I was never a girly-girl, but I'm finding myself becoming more feminine in my clothing choices the older I get. Sometimes people ask me if I dressed myself...I'm pretty sure that's a huge compliment, right?

7. What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you? I have a couple of moments that make me blush. Who am I kidding, I blush if someone looks sideways it me! It's genetics, we're a blush-y family. I think I'd have to go back to my childhood, as this was a defining moment. When I was 6 years old, I went to school in my little school uniform dress and during our morning roll call, the whole class was sitting in a big circle cross legged on the grass. I glanced down to make sure my skirt was down and to my horror discovered that I had put my uniform on over my pajamas and forgotten to take off my PJ pants. They were little pink bloomers like Strawberry Shortcake wears and there were out blowing in the breeze for all to see! I can't even remember if anyone even saw them but I was so incredibly embarrassed. At recess I went into the bathrooms and hid them in my school bag! Ahh. That feels better.



Isn't my blogging buddy great!? If you want to check her out (which you should if you like AWESOME) then click right here! I love popping over to check out how Shell styles her photos (design and editing wise) plus she has fantastic style (and an enviable shoe collection!). This sweet girl seems so fun, adventurous and humble. She definitely deserves some love from the blog world!

18 comments:

Melanie Lea said...

Ha next time I see a blog buddy kind of thing I'm going to email you immediately and see if you already know about it : )

shyscout said...

What a fun project! I always miss out on these sort of things. It was so fun getting to meet her. I love her hair. I will have to stop by her blog next :]

Lovepotatoe said...

She has such fantastic haiiiir! What a sweet girl, loved her responses!

xo
http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

Sierra said...

Shell's a cutie! I have been following her blog ever since Elycia mentioned her on her blog. I loved seeing your feature on Kitty&Buck, Mel! :)

http://viennawaitsblog.blogspot.com/

Erica Bull said...

Glad to see someone is keeping up with the blogging buddy assignments! My buddy and I totally forgot about them for a week... oops:)

Great job with the interview!

Erica
In the Light of Style

Kira said...

What a fun way to get to know other bloggers! Also, her hair is so cool!

Melanie Busby said...

Hi Melanie, I've just found your blog through Shell and I can't believe I haven't found you sooner!  I really enjoyed this post and the one on Kitty's - it's such a great way to get to know bloggers!  xx Melanie

Roni said...

Her hair is a showstopper. She seems like such a lovely person. I love her whole, "things better be fair around me". I'm the same way! And it's funny because my style got girly the older I got, too. Funny how that happens. :)

Shell Weiss said...

Thanks for writing such a lovely post Melanie, and everyone here for all your lovely comments! How awesome is it having a blogging buddy?!
Shell (Kitty) xo

modernbuttercup said...

Lovely post! So glad to have you two in the project! :)

xoxo,
Nat

Melanie Lea said...

Thanks Nat! You did the best job ever of partnering us up together! LOVE Shell : )

Melanie Lea said...

Dude you and Roni would hit it off perfectly! She's a gem. You guys are like the perfect personality match!

Melanie Lea said...

I think I love you. Is that okay?! : )

Melanie Lea said...

Aw thanks Leah!

Melanie Lea said...

Oh yeah absolutely! Thanks for stopping by : ) I'm off to check out your blog right now!

Melanie Lea said...

I'm kind of obsessed with her hair AND wardrobe. She's the best!

Melanie Lea said...

Aw thanks Sierra! I was so excited that she got featured on Elycia's blog! That was so awesome!

Leah Gorder said...

She is too cute! Definitely going to check her out!
And great questions, by the way.

Blogging tips