Shakti explains the intent and purpose of the project very well right here. Needless to say, I was super honored that she asked me to be her first in the series! It will be a month-long endeavor but we started it out by asking each other some questions. Check out how she answer mine!
1. Hey Shakti! Can you give my readers a mini introduction of yourself and tell us about your blog? Hello my sweets! I'm Shakti and I hail from Indiana, the land of corn and soybeans. I'm 23 as of this moment but think of me on May 13 because I will be entering year 24! I have a dandy little blog, Shakti Dove, where I post about life and the crafty, colorful, interesting things that make me happy.
2. What's an average day look like for you? I don't really have an "average" day because of my school schedule but I'll try to give you the gist....I strive to be out of bed by 8:30. After I'm moving I'm either on my way to school or working on homework (aka blog surfing hehe). I spend the majority of the day doing that. Evenings are my favorite because that's when hubby and I reconnect and do fun stuff or run errands. We've gotten into a bad habit of eating dinner around 9 or 10 and then bumming on the couch watching Netflix til about 1:30 or 2. Does that make us night owls?
1. Hey Shakti! Can you give my readers a mini introduction of yourself and tell us about your blog? Hello my sweets! I'm Shakti and I hail from Indiana, the land of corn and soybeans. I'm 23 as of this moment but think of me on May 13 because I will be entering year 24! I have a dandy little blog, Shakti Dove, where I post about life and the crafty, colorful, interesting things that make me happy.
2. What's an average day look like for you? I don't really have an "average" day because of my school schedule but I'll try to give you the gist....I strive to be out of bed by 8:30. After I'm moving I'm either on my way to school or working on homework (aka blog surfing hehe). I spend the majority of the day doing that. Evenings are my favorite because that's when hubby and I reconnect and do fun stuff or run errands. We've gotten into a bad habit of eating dinner around 9 or 10 and then bumming on the couch watching Netflix til about 1:30 or 2. Does that make us night owls?
3. Where do you find inspiration? I find inspiration in quite a few places. Like most people I find nature inspiring. I also like reading the Bible and trying to put a picture with the words--its a good challenge. And when all else fails a quick visit to Pinterest is sure to jump-start my creative urge.
4. Why did you start blogging and what do you find to be the best part of blogging? I started blogging because I was in a bit of a life funk and had this self-pity attitude that my life was uninteresting. Blogging was a way to notice, appreciate, and document the things I delighted in. Basically, it forced me to see my blessings. Now I'm out of my funk and I blog because I enjoy it and the people I "meet".
5. Cat or dog person? CAT.
6. What do you want to do with your life? I want to make a difference, lead by example, and change the world.
7. Is there a certain super power you've always wished you had? Let's call confidence a super power, shall we? I would love to have more, more, more (but still remain humble and approachable because no one likes cocky). I wish I could just put myself out there and not care what people thought or how they reacted.
8. If I handed you $500 what would you do with it? I would get a conditioning treatment for myhair, buy a pair of jeans and some cute flats, and save the rest. I'm really good at saving : )
Ahh isn't this baby picture so cute!?! Sorry Shakti. Had to.
Thanks for sticking around to learn about my extra special XL sponsor. You'll be seeing and hearing more about her throughout the month! And if you want to check out the interview she had with me, simply click here. Can't wait for what else we have in store for you guys!
Thanks for sticking around to learn about my extra special XL sponsor. You'll be seeing and hearing more about her throughout the month! And if you want to check out the interview she had with me, simply click here. Can't wait for what else we have in store for you guys!




16 comments:
This is wonderful. Her answer to #6 resonates with me. I already wrote that down on a sheet of paper, and I'm pinning it up over my desk to look at every day. I love that her answer involves heartfelt actions...not just, "I want to be a so-and-so" and leave it at that. Very inspiring.
she is super cute.. =) so glad to come across bloggers that people "recommend." its inspiring..
Violet! I need to stop by and see you at your blog! I haven't talked to you in so long! Okay, doing it now : )
Yeah dude! Shakti is a gem, for sure! I loved her idea of creating more intimate and deep relationships with other bloggers : )
This was such a great idea!
I love getting to know other bloggers on a more personal level.
Forming deep relationships with bloggers is amazing. I have one blogger buddy that I have mailed gifts back and forth with and another in Australia that I skype with. It's so much fun! I love the side emails, texts, video chats, etc. that some of the girls and I take the time to do away from just comments. But I do like Shakti's idea and I really loved how she and her hubby spend their evenings: right down to the T, they spend their evenings exactly like we do. We really need to stop eating dinner that late! And Netflix, omg it's like crack. :)
It makes me so happy to be here! Your picture selection kills me ;)
love that idea of hers! i love that about blogging - is you really can create relationships from it. and i was similar in college - always up late, eating dinner late, and on a weird schedule.
Love her! :)
She seems pretty much adorable!
Hi Melanie. I'm visiting from Shakti's. She's great, and so humorous too .. I have literally laughed out loud while reading some of the things she writes and comments! And very artistic too. Yay, Shakti!
Loulou
Don't you love her!? She's just great, absolutely! Shakti is so friendly and down-to-earth and I love the stuff her brain comes up with! Thanks so much for stopping by Loulou!
Dude. Shakti=awesome. ALL THE WAY. xo to you : )
Ha I don't see how she stays up so late then gets up so early to start her day all over again! I'm totally one of those people who needs like eight hours of sleep every night. Otherwise...it's not pretty. Not in the least!
Oh Julie she's the best! I really hope you went to check her out because she's so sincere and awesome : )
Oh wow that's so awesome! I would think Skyping with someone I haven't met before would be awkward...unless it was with you. I bet you never run out of things to say : )
Post a Comment