My first client!

Hey everyone! I feel like me and my blog have been broken up for about a week! I honestly couldn't even think about blogging without feeling a little tug in my stomach. Guilt perhaps? Anywho. I've had a much-needed break and feel much more refreshed for it.

One thing I did accomplish on my mini-break from blogging was finishing up my first client's blog design. Alison over at Sass+Crafts is the whole reason why I started offering the service. She approached me about it and was so wonderful to work with. Right now she's busy packing up and hanging out with her family and friends before going on a year-long trip to Africa. I highly suggest that you check her out and, if you've got a little money set aside, make a donation towards her Africa trip. It's tax deductible and goes towards a great cause!



In other news. I've officially started working at another coffee shop. I go in today for more training. Its a lot different from my other coffee shop gig because this one is just a drive-thru and speed is so important. I'm pretty flippin fast on the espresso machine but I've got to get used to being asked to perform a certain way. I have problems with stuff like that. Oooh dear.

I've got lots of other potentials going on in my life right now that I really want to talk about but probably shouldn't yet. Meaning I'm signing off so that I don't spill any metaphorical beans!

I'll be responding to comments and emails and checking out all new blogs later this afternoon! Thanks for stopping by!

33 comments:

Alison Holcomb said...

you are awesome, friend!!! love, love, love it:) 

yay for your new job! you're gonna do great! xo! 

Charley Taylor said...

That blog design is amazing! You're very talented. I can totally relate to the blogger guilt, I took a break this week and had lots of stomach knots from the guilt. Glad you're back xo

Brittany Smith said...

What a great design! I'll  have to keep you in mind ;)

Lazyexplorers said...

Her blog looks so cute! You did an awesome job!

Baylee said...

That blog design is super cute. I'm going to be contacting you soon for help on mine! :)
-Baylee
stopcents.blogspot.com

Christine @ Mavymaydesgins said...

Congratulations! That blog design is so cute!! I'm gonna need some help soon too.

shyscout said...

Congrats! Your client's layout is pretty darn cute :] Good luck with the new coffee job!!

Kira said...

Her blog looks great, I see a lot more clients in your future!

Felicity said...

Congrats hun, you did a wonderful job! :)

xx

Emily @ Hope Squared said...

The design looks great - nice work.

and blog breaks - SO IMPORTANT!  Take them when you need them.

Sinead said...

That design is so cute! I love the floral theme!

Leah Gorder said...

I am the same way when it comes to task performance. If I get in a routine of doing something a certain way, it's a little difficult to break that for me.
And, incidentally, I work at a coffee shop as well!

Shell Weiss said...

Look fantastic Miss! Congrats on the first blog design of many :D Good luck with the coffee shop. Don't forget to breathe :)

Roni said...

Melanie, the design you did is great!!!! Look at you designing web pages and stuff :) Good job, girl. 

Congrats on the job and just do your best to "perform" as your boss wants. Hopefully he or she sees that you are giving it your all and doing the best job you can. 

Now you've got me curious as to what you're hiding! Share it with us! lol Welp, I'm sure you'll be back soon, blowing my mind. xoxo

Kelley Spurlock said...

Oooh new job! I hate when I start a new job and I feel like I don't know anything. It's much better when you get comfortable and feel like a pro. I'm sure you'll get there soon!

jasmine jewel said...

Looks fantastic, Melanie!

Bekuh Browning said...

I love the blog design and I love that you have a new job. So exciting!

Melanie Lea said...

Thanks Bekuh! And congratulations on your new job too!

Melanie Lea said...

Jazz thanks so much! I need to stop by your blog ASAP!

Melanie Lea said...

Kelley you're absolutely right! I was so used to being the one welcoming all the newbs and showing them the ropes! It feels so strange being on the other end..but I'm already feeling super comfortable there and I know in a week I'll feel even better about it!

Melanie Lea said...

Roni I love your comments. Why aren't we best friends?!?

Melanie Lea said...

Alison I adore you! Thanks again for the opportunity to design for your blog!

Melanie Lea said...

Oh cool! What coffee shop do you work at and how long have you been there? I used to HATE routine but I've learned in the past two years how important it is to my sanity!! : )

Melanie Lea said...

Oh man Emily you're so right! So glad I took one! Way more refreshed now, definitely.

Melanie Lea said...

Thanks Felicity! You're so sweet : )

Melanie Lea said...

Ahhh oh man Kira I hope you're right!

Melanie Lea said...

Thanks Allison! I love what you did with Erica's! Can't wait to see what else you come up with : )

Melanie Lea said...

So happy to be working with you Christine!

Melanie Lea said...

Thanks Chloe! So awesome of you to say so!

Melanie Lea said...

: ) Thank you and I'm so glad you contacted me! Can't wait til I really get rolling on your design!

Melanie Lea said...

Hah yayy Brittany thank you!

Leah Gorder said...

It's just a local coffee shop that one of my friends runs. I've only been there a short while, but I'm already getting stuck in the routine of it all.
Though i will say that the routine helps me be more efficient.

Shell Weiss said...

haha that's funny! When I go to the gym, the instructor is always tellings us to breathe... Everyone must be lined up holding their breathe all at once.. What a picture!

Blogging tips