So besides how awesome this picture is, this post is largely about disappointment and fog. Like the kind of brainfog that makes you not think so clearly. But more about this picture. Me and Bev were meeting a group of friends at a local bar/restaurant for our friend Donovan's birthday. We wore these masks and snuck up behind the birthday boy, snapped a mask on him, and started shaking our butts. That's right. We're sassy masked birthday dancers.
So yeah. For the past several weeks (I'd say it probably started in early April) I've been feeling rather "bleh" about blogging. Just kind of in a funk without clear direction. I think I mostly was just losing self-confidence from not being able to secure a job but it definitely was having the biggest affect on my blog. Its been really hard to find motivation and inspiration and discipline to come up with cool stuff to write about and stay on schedule. Plus not having any income was really just plain ol' hurting my feelings.
Last weekend I worked what seemed like 48 hours straight on an out-of-town wedding with some florist friends. I came back home that Sunday and slept all day. I trained at my new job on Monday and slept the rest of that day. I did a horrible job of not staying sober Monday night then slept most of the next day. Same thing yesterday and today I trained and slept for most of the day. I just can't get it together yall!So yeah. For the past several weeks (I'd say it probably started in early April) I've been feeling rather "bleh" about blogging. Just kind of in a funk without clear direction. I think I mostly was just losing self-confidence from not being able to secure a job but it definitely was having the biggest affect on my blog. Its been really hard to find motivation and inspiration and discipline to come up with cool stuff to write about and stay on schedule. Plus not having any income was really just plain ol' hurting my feelings.
After much inner dialogue about whether I should continue blogging or not, I've decided to stick around*. I've had so many issues with staying on task and completing deadlines for other people (guest posts, sponsor buttons, etc) and I felt like I was just causing more problems for people by continuing to do this. But I've decided to keep blogging and I'm making tomorrow my day to get reorganized and finish up projects for people. Who knows, maybe I'll take some outfit or DIY pictures.
Egh. I really hate having things that aren't positive or encouraging on here, but I felt like it was really important to get my inner most feelings out in the open so I could move on past them. Things will be really exciting around here next week, promise!
*Fun fact: my favorite grammatical rule to break is ending a sentence with a preposition. I know, I know. I'm a crazy grammatical rebel!
Oh, and other things going on in my life:
Me and Matthew are thinking about joining a commune in San Francisco.
Me and Maddy have been snuggling this whole week. Nonstop.
I ate TWO Totino's pizzas for dinner. Wow.
We had our good friend Justin stay with us Sunday and Monday night and now our other good friend Colby is staying the night. I love friend time.
Me and my new friend Scott had a stretch-off last night. It got crazy. There were backbends involved.
I've been eating fried eggs like crazy. So good!
This guy.
He's got lots of funny videos on his youtube channel. Watch as many with Skippy as you can!
Happy weekend. Love you guys.
Happy weekend. Love you guys.

24 comments:
Dude we're totally going to make it through! A funk is just a funk and its definitely not permanent! Wanting to change, progress and evolve is a good thing, right? And I'm slightly jealous of your living in India. How awesome has it been?!
I'm so glad you decided to stay in the blogging world! :)
My heart just dropped the moment I read you were debating whether or not to stay-- I thought this was one of those "goodbye" posts, and I'm SO SO so so glad you decided to stick around :)
If you ever need anything, feel free to email me anytime! :)
xoxo,
Nat
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear you've been feeling down. I'm really glad you've decided to stay with us in blog-land, if you need anything, ever, you know you can call me right? (wait, that would cost a lot, email is fine too) Creativity is subject to lows and highs just like any other part of your life. When you're having a bad time, just remember, there's a high time to be had just around the corner.
xoxo
I get to feeling really not into blogging quite often, too. It happens at least once a month and I think about "quitting", but I know it's just a funk that will come and go. I like the people here too much to go away. So, taking breaks is perfectly satisfying and necessary. Don't feel bad if you need to take too many or one for an extended period of time. The friendships you've developed here are likely to be there when you get back. That's the way I feel. And it makes me happy. :)
I hope things start getting positive in your little head. You've got so many great things going on here (on your blog) that I personally wouldn't have guessed you were feeling a bit blue. For instance, you are doing one hell of a job at your blog designing! I mean, I really love the two I've seen thus far. Seriously, bravo, Melanie! You kick ass at it and you shouldn't forget what you're good at. K?
P.s. I've never had a fried egg....I'm intrigued..
all of this stuff sounds so much like what I'm going through. I'm glad I'm not the only one! As corny and unhelpful as it sounds, we really just have to keep reminding ourselves that everything gets better...because it will!
Hey, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm feeling lost with my blog too. I'm confused with what it's about and really need to pull it together and give it some structure. It originally started out as a style blog, but I've recently moved to India so am finding I'm blogging more and more about life here instead, it just feels a little too general. I'm so pleased you've decided to stick with blogging; I love following your blog! I'm going to take inspiration from you and re-organise my blog over the next few days. Here's to happy, successful blogging!
http://hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Hey, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm feeling lost with my blog too. I'm confused with what it's about and really need to pull it together and give it some structure. It originally started out as a style blog, but I've recently moved to India so am finding I'm blogging more and more about life here instead, it just feels a little too general. I'm so pleased you've decided to stick with blogging; I love following your blog! I'm going to take inspiration from you and re-organise my blog over the next few days. Here's to happy, successful blogging!
http://hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Hey, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm feeling lost with my blog too. I'm confused with what it's about and really need to pull it together and give it some structure. It originally started out as a style blog, but I've recently moved to India so am finding I'm blogging more and more about life here instead, it just feels a little too general. I'm so pleased you've decided to stick with blogging; I love following your blog! I'm going to take inspiration from you and re-organise my blog over the next few days. Here's to happy, successful blogging!
http://hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Hey, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm feeling lost with my blog too. I'm confused with what it's about and really need to pull it together and give it some structure. It originally started out as a style blog, but I've recently moved to India so am finding I'm blogging more and more about life here instead, it just feels a little too general. I'm so pleased you've decided to stick with blogging; I love following your blog! I'm going to take inspiration from you and re-organise my blog over the next few days. Here's to happy, successful blogging!
http://hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Hey, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm feeling lost with my blog too. I'm confused with what it's about and really need to pull it together and give it some structure. It originally started out as a style blog, but I've recently moved to India so am finding I'm blogging more and more about life here instead, it just feels a little too general. I'm so pleased you've decided to stick with blogging; I love following your blog! I'm going to take inspiration from you and re-organise my blog over the next few days. Here's to happy, successful blogging!
http://hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Hey, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm feeling lost with my blog too. I'm confused with what it's about and really need to pull it together and give it some structure. It originally started out as a style blog, but I've recently moved to India so am finding I'm blogging more and more about life here instead, it just feels a little too general. I'm so pleased you've decided to stick with blogging; I love following your blog! I'm going to take inspiration from you and re-organise my blog over the next few days. Here's to happy, successful blogging!
http://hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Hey, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm feeling lost with my blog too. I'm confused with what it's about and really need to pull it together and give it some structure. It originally started out as a style blog, but I've recently moved to India so am finding I'm blogging more and more about life here instead, it just feels a little too general. I'm so pleased you've decided to stick with blogging; I love following your blog! I'm going to take inspiration from you and re-organise my blog over the next few days. Here's to happy, successful blogging!
http://hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Hey, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm feeling lost with my blog too. I'm confused with what it's about and really need to pull it together and give it some structure. It originally started out as a style blog, but I've recently moved to India so am finding I'm blogging more and more about life here instead, it just feels a little too general. I'm so pleased you've decided to stick with blogging; I love following your blog! I'm going to take inspiration from you and re-organise my blog over the next few days. Here's to happy, successful blogging!
http://hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Hey, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm feeling lost with my blog too. I'm confused with what it's about and really need to pull it together and give it some structure. It originally started out as a style blog, but I've recently moved to India so am finding I'm blogging more and more about life here instead, it just feels a little too general. I'm so pleased you've decided to stick with blogging; I love following your blog! I'm going to take inspiration from you and re-organise my blog over the next few days. Here's to happy, successful blogging!
http://hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Hey, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm feeling lost with my blog too. I'm confused with what it's about and really need to pull it together and give it some structure. It originally started out as a style blog, but I've recently moved to India so am finding I'm blogging more and more about life here instead, it just feels a little too general. I'm so pleased you've decided to stick with blogging; I love following your blog! I'm going to take inspiration from you and re-organise my blog over the next few days. Here's to happy, successful blogging!
http://hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Hey, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm feeling lost with my blog too. I'm confused with what it's about and really need to pull it together and give it some structure. It originally started out as a style blog, but I've recently moved to India so am finding I'm blogging more and more about life here instead, it just feels a little too general. I'm so pleased you've decided to stick with blogging; I love following your blog! I'm going to take inspiration from you and re-organise my blog over the next few days. Here's to happy, successful blogging!
http://hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Hey, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm feeling lost with my blog too. I'm confused with what it's about and really need to pull it together and give it some structure. It originally started out as a style blog, but I've recently moved to India so am finding I'm blogging more and more about life here instead, it just feels a little too general. I'm so pleased you've decided to stick with blogging; I love following your blog! I'm going to take inspiration from you and re-organise my blog over the next few days. Here's to happy, successful blogging!
http://hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Hey, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm feeling lost with my blog too. I'm confused with what it's about and really need to pull it together and give it some structure. It originally started out as a style blog, but I've recently moved to India so am finding I'm blogging more and more about life here instead, it just feels a little too general. I'm so pleased you've decided to stick with blogging; I love following your blog! I'm going to take inspiration from you and re-organise my blog over the next few days. Here's to happy, successful blogging!
http://hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Hey, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm feeling lost with my blog too. I'm confused with what it's about and really need to pull it together and give it some structure. It originally started out as a style blog, but I've recently moved to India so am finding I'm blogging more and more about life here instead, it just feels a little too general. I'm so pleased you've decided to stick with blogging; I love following your blog! I'm going to take inspiration from you and re-organise my blog over the next few days. Here's to happy, successful blogging!
http://hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Hey, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm feeling lost with my blog too. I'm confused with what it's about and really need to pull it together and give it some structure. It originally started out as a style blog, but I've recently moved to India so am finding I'm blogging more and more about life here instead, it just feels a little too general. I'm so pleased you've decided to stick with blogging; I love following your blog! I'm going to take inspiration from you and re-organise my blog over the next few days. Here's to happy, successful blogging!
http://hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Hey, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm feeling lost with my blog too. I'm confused with what it's about and really need to pull it together and give it some structure. It originally started out as a style blog, but I've recently moved to India so am finding I'm blogging more and more about life here instead, it just feels a little too general. I'm so pleased you've decided to stick with blogging; I love following your blog! I'm going to take inspiration from you and re-organise my blog over the next few days. Here's to happy, successful blogging!
http://hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Shell you're so right. Thanks for all your kind words sweet lady!
Bethany you are absolutely right! I'm actually pretty surprised at all the "amens" I'm getting from fellow bloggers. Its nice to have support and empathy even in lower times. Thanks for your encouraging words sweet lady : )
Roni thanks so much for saying this! People are really so much more accepting and understanding than I give them credit for. It turns out a lot of people really go through these funks just like me. And thats been kind of nice to hear actually (not because other people are in funks, but because I've gained some support in this issue and am able to give back support!).
And the blog design has been a lot of work but still a lot of fun! It kind of makes my day to see my clients really happy with my work : ) Youre the best Roni! And make a fried egg happen in your life. Put it on some pasta or something. Yummy.
Post a Comment