Sponsor love 2.0

So here's the first installment of my Sponsor Love series! My April sponsors are...the bomb? Can I say that? Bombesque, they are. And they're really really cool. Like the girls you think of when you're getting dressed in the morning.



I asked them all several questions and this is what they had to say:


Chloe: My favorite thing about myself is my nose. I suppose it is just an average nose, but I really like my nose ring and the way it looks on my average little nose.
Rachel Emma: I love how there is more than just one side to me, so I'm able to make friends with just about anybody. I like girly things like shopping and getting my nails done, "geeky" things like reading, watching cartoons, and anything Harry Potter related, and guy stuff like sports and videogames. It's kind of weird, haha, I know!
Katherine: I'm a very dedicated person. If I want to do something, I dive deep into it. This is how I learned to knit, started blogging, and trained my dog to shake.
Charley: My sense of humor. I believe that my humor was something beautiful that came out of a lot of insecurity and teasing from when I was younger.
Cait Emma: I love that my parents really instilled in me two things: compassion and understanding. I may not always be on target, but I look for that in myself and encourage that to the people I surround myself with.
Gina: That I am kind to others 99% of the time.
Jessica: I love the fact that I'm a creative person. Some days I just love to get lost in making things and I really think it's therapeutic for me. I'd be lost without my creativity.
Bri: I laugh easy.


Chloe: I don't really wear a lot of make up, but I do wear the Clinique Redness Reduction Face Powder. That is some awesome stuff if you have pink under-tones and blemishes you want to cover.
Rachel Emma: Heat up your eyelash curler with a lighter for three seconds. The heat keeps your lashes up for longer!
Katherine: I use Benefit's Dallas powder every day--that combined with sleep. Sleep is essential!
Charley: Super high heels and platforms are my go-to! At 5'4" I love to add height to all my looks!
Cait Emma: Lotion, lotion, lotion!
Gina: I have so many, but if I had to pick one it would be to use a Rose Hydosol facial spray to keep your face hydrated and fresh throughout the day!
Jessica: My go-to beauty item is hair gel. All those mornings I want to sleep in an extra 20 minutes, yet still look like I groomed myself, I just put some gel in after the shower, scrunch my hair, and it's kind of a wavy mess but it still looks like I tried.
Bri: Foundation/powder. I know it's usually the eyes that people go to first, but I really feel the best when I know my skin is one even color.


Chloe: I would define my style as thrifty. I buy most of my clothing and accessories from thrift stores at low prices.
Rachel Emma: Girly and vibrant with a quirky edge. I'm kind of all over the place since I love trying out new trends, but I would say print-mixing is my favorite go-to style.
Katherine: Cute and classic. I like vintage, classy cuts with animal prints most.
Charley: Joan Jett at a tea party. I love the style of 70s girl rockers and the femininity and sexiness of the 60s.
Cait Emma: Clean bohemian.
Gina: Eclectic vintage
Jessica: I think defining my style is definitely something I'm still working on (and writing a blog helps so much with that). I tend to have a restricted style because of my job, but one thing that I always stay true to is femininity. I love ruffles, polka dots, floral prints, heel, brooches, and everything girly.
Bri: 1950s housewife


Chloe: When I grow up I want to be a Grandma with pink hair and stretch pants. No really I do, you can ask Dominick.
Rachel Emma: Right now I'm interested in the Event Planning industry, but who knows? I'm always changing my mind!
Katherine: Maybe I am grown up : ) I work as a product designer for a small company in Pennsylvania designing products for laptops, iPads, and other things. I quite enjoy what I do. I would also enjoy to be a mom one day.
Charley: I'd love to own my very own vintnage & new clothing shop one day.
Cait Emma: Happy and loved.
Gina: A counselor or a costume/outfit director on a set.
Jessica: Hmmm. My future career is something I battle with daily. My dream would be to own a cute brick and mortar clothing store and also get to feature things made by local artists. For right now, I'm stuck in the business world, but maybe that will change in a few years.
Bri: A mother.


Chloe: I blog because I want to remember who I am, what I do, and what I love. Also, I love connecting with people who share similar interests to my own.
Rachel Emma: I blog to document my memories of adventures, experiences, outfits, and love while also hoping to inspire a few people along the way : )
Katherine: I have always been interested in fashion, and since my husband and I are currently living in different states (Pennsylvania and Florida), I wanted something that he would see to keep up with me, as well as my family and friends. I also love being able to share with people some advice on the weird things in my life, like being in a long distance relationship and driving 8 or more hours alone.
Charley: I read blogs for a really long time, fell in love with the community and had to get involved. It's also a fantastic way to document my life and travels as well as share with my friends and family that I live far away from.
Cait Emma: It helps me take a moment and show what I appreciate in my life by connecting hundreds together I would never have met.
Gina: I blog to share my stories, and because I love to write and connect with humanity.
Jessica: Blogging is a creative outlet for me. It encourages me to really think about my style and the things I care about. I absolutely love the frame of mind that it gives me and the fact that years later I will be able to look back on things. I try to be a good journal keeper, but it's just but its just not the same. I love blogging because of communicating with other bloggers. I always say this, but I think everyone has a different story to share and I love being able to share mine.
Bri: To document the beautiful things in my life, so I can let all the ugly stuff just fall away.

Chloe: Hmm, I am going to try and think of a non-generic tip that maybe someone else won't put. How about don't ask people to follow your blog. It gets to be a bit irritating. I mean, I still check out their blog and everything, but I would have done that anyways. If you leave a sincere comment, the blog owner will most likely check out your blog and if they like it, they will follow it.
Rachel Emma: Keep your blog design simple and easy on the eyes. Too much can scare away potential readers.
Katherine: Jump in and participate! Find inspiring new blogs and they will keep you going.
Charley: Really plan out what you want to blog about first. Work hard on the aesthetic and personality of your blog, those two things are what truly breathes life into your site.
Cait Emma: Be genuine. Give people a sense of who you are--but I'm not talking about in your posts--but in your comments. It will help you build relationships, not followers.
Gina: Connect and relate with your readers! This is huge! Interact and make an effort with the people that make your blog halfway possible. You writing it makes it first possible, but you need people reading!
Jessica: My tip to new bloggers is get involved! Comment on blogs (the ones your care about, not a fake comment like "come follow me!") and get to know other bloggers. Take note of the blogs you are drawn to and figure out why you like them, then you can incorporate those things into your own blog. Also, never be afraid to send another blogger an email, I've gotten several lately and they always make my day!
Bri: Make a blog that you would want to read.


Chloe: When I wind down and relax for the night, I turn on my fan, crawl into bed with my laptop and catch up on my favorite blogs.
Rachel Emma: I wrap myself in a cozy blanket, make a cup of chai tea, and watch Harry Potter movies all day. Perfection!
Katherine: I am all about a game with my husband and our friend over Xbox Live, a cider, and painting my nails after a long day at work. That and cuddling my rescued corgi, Teemo, every night. 
Charley: There's nothing like a glass of wine and a bubble bath, I always have loads of bath bombs, fizzes and bubble bath on hand.
Cait Emma: Watch online television and have a glass of riesling.
Gina: Read on a picnic or by going outside somehow, also writing poetry or a hot lavender bath.
Jessica: Relax? What does that mean? I think I have forgotten how to relax between juggling work, class, being married, taking care of a dog, blogging, and all the other roles I play. It definitely gets tough but in those few minutes that I do have time to relax I'm usually browsing Pinterest or Instagram. I'll be graduating in May and I fully plan on investing in some R&R like a weekend away with the hubs, and plenty of hours spent making things in my studio.
Bri: Watch any episode from seasons 1-5 of The Office.

Check them out! Here's a list of their blogs and other social media outlets:

Chloe: blog // twitter

Rachel Emma: blog // twitter

Katherine: blog // twitter

Charley: blog // twitter

Cait Emma: blog // twitter

Gina: blog // facebook // etsy

Jessica: blog // blog lovin' // pinterest

Bri: blog // pinterest // etsy

Go check these ladies out if you haven't already! Some of the most genuine, fashionable and funny people I've come into contact with! Next week you'll get to meet 8 more of my sponsors!

Pretend like I'm squeezing you and my eyes are closed really tight right now and that I've got the goofiest grin on my face from all the excitement. 

15 comments:

Kayla Crowder said...

"Pretend like I'm squeezing you and my eyes are closed really tight right
now and that I've got the goofiest grin on my face from all the
excitement."

You are freaking adorable! I'm definitely checking these out!

Elisha(: said...

i think im following them all!! :)

Gina Norman said...

This is AMAZING melanie, how talented are YOU? I know only two of these women, so I can't wait to go meet them, how fun!!! This was a blast to read through, yay! Thank you for doing such a beautiful job, I've got to highlight my sponsors like yesterday LOL

Melanie Lea said...

Ha thanks Kayla! Will you leave me your blog URL? Disqus doesn't link up to blogs I think!

Melanie Lea said...

HA as you should be! Because they rule. Thanks for stopping by Elisha!!

Rachel Phillips said...

Looove the way you organized this! Too cute!

:)

Roni said...

This was a great idea, Melanie and I thoroughly enjoyed reading all these ladies, quick but thoughtful answers to each of your questions. Seriously, this was cool. I'll definitely check out some of these blogs that I haven't already! 

jasmine jewel said...

Nice! I like the Q&A. 

Baylee said...

Love this!

Melanie Lea said...

Aw thanks Gina! I'm so glad you liked it : ) And I hope you make some new friends from this!!

Melanie Lea said...

Eep thanks lady friend!

Melanie Lea said...

That's what I like to hear! Roni you're the best at making new blog friends. Its probably your super power...?

Melanie Lea said...

Thanks J : )

Melanie Lea said...

Thanks Baylee! So glad you stopped by :)

Laura said...

Beautiful! <3

Blogging tips