Its the little things. And the big things.

So here are some things I'm pretty excited about:
My hair's fiiinally getting longer.
Speaking of hair, I'm going to re-ombre it next week. Tutorial included.
I'm almost finished with my first client's blog design!!
Maddy turned one this past week!!! My baby's growing up!
I got a JOB!! I'm going to be working at a little cafe close to my hometown.
I'm redesigning a website for Matthew's dad's florist business. Yeehaw.
The cafe I'm working for is interested in me developing a website for them, too.
I've been doing a decently okay job at laying off the sweets. A little.
You see my followers along the left sidebar?! Almost 100. Woop.
Also--Dad brought my bike up to my apartment AND the water in my pool is finally warm enough where I can swim in it. I'm gonna try out swimming as an exercise and see if I can get all buff by my birthday (late July).

What are you happy about?!

28 comments:

Chloe said...

Ahh, I can't wait for the ombre tutorial! I will definitely feature it in one of my diy ideas posts. I love your hair. I am really happy that I am able to afford to do things now that I work at Starbucks. 

Sierra said...

Exciting! Congratulations on the new job and I can't wait to see your new hairdo! I'm happy that it's supposed to be in the upper-70s to mid-80s this weekend. My boyfriend and I are planning on sitting outside most of the day today reading and listening to the Detroit Tigers on the radio. Maybe go for a run later this evening? (I tried giving up sweets and it didn't work, so now I am trying to get more intense with my workouts. We'll see how that goes... haha) You should definitely include a link once your first blog design is finished. I would love to see it! :)

http://viennawaitsblog.blogspot.com/

megan said...

i absolutely love your outfit!!!!! and congratulations on the blog design and new job! that is so exciting! hope you have a great weekend! 

xo, megan
diaryofthisgirl-megan.blogspot.com

Elisha(: said...

I love this outfit!!

jasmine jewel said...

Congrats on the blog and website design jobs/potential jobs! That rules. 

shyscout said...

First of all - you look gorgeous! I love that top and skirt together. Second of all - so many wonderful things to be happy about. Congrats lady :] 3 away from 100! I really would love to read the ombre hair tutorial too!!

Gentrileeblog said...

Oh awesome! Congrats on the job and design opportunities! :D Sounds like you have so much to be happy about. :)
I am happy that it's the weekend. haha!

Boringspice said...

Congrats on the job, princess! Love everything about this post.

IndieByHeart said...

Aww, your list sounds so great ! Especially the job part, congratulations ^^ Sounds so lovely, to be working in a little café. I'd love to do that aswell.
Oh and you have a pool, cool! I wish it was that warm here, I need tights with shorts/skirt. Nice look, I really like your boots & floral skirt.

Satu
Indie by Heart

Kelley Spurlock said...

I want to steal everything from that outfit you have on. Seriously adorable! Congrats on getting a job. I'm a manager at a local cafe and it ROCKS! Watch out for those pastries though, they'll get ya. And I can't wait to see the finished product of your first blog design for someone! So exciting!

Gina Norman said...

such cute pics of you melanie! and congrats on the job, yay, sounds like there is good potential there if they are wanting you do maybe do some website stuff, how exciting:)
awwww. Happy birthday maddy, you are such a young pup!

Baylee said...

Damn! That's a lot to be excited about.  I want your boots.
stopcents.blogspot.com

Melanie Lea said...

Thanks Gina! We'll see how it goes : )

Melanie Lea said...

Ha yeah there's a lot of positive energy going on around here! I needed that after my previous 2 1/2 weeks!

Melanie Lea said...

Dude this cafe has this brisket panini with horseradish cream. HORSERADISH CREAM. I could probably drink it like a coke. Which is gross when I think about it so I'm not gonna. And you can have everything from my outfit : ) I'm sure it'd look perfect on you!

Melanie Lea said...

Man I was looking at pictures from bloggers all over the country and some people have snow right now. That's crazy!! We've been wearing shorts in Mississippi for two months now!

Melanie Lea said...

Yayy thanks Jillian! You're a doll : )

Melanie Lea said...

GENTRI! So happy to be employed again. It's stupid how happy I am actually. Pshh can't wait til I'm making enough money doing interweb stuff though to not need a boss!

Melanie Lea said...

UMM first of all HOLY COW you're backk!! And second of all HOLY COW I missed reading your posts. Thanks for checking in Allison. You're the sweetest.

Melanie Lea said...

Thanks Jazz! Hope all is well in your world lady : )

Melanie Lea said...

Why thank you Elisha!!

Melanie Lea said...

Megan thanks that's so sweet! I'm trying to bask in my employment glory for as long as I can!

Melanie Lea said...

Oh yayayay thanks Chloe! Yeah having a job is the tops. Forrrrreal.

Katherine / Corgis & Cocktails said...

mm! i love the lace and floral print - and your boots are awesome! i want them.

congrats on your new job - that's awesome! and getting website business is the first step to getting a full time job doing it! having a blog definitely helps get attention - i got an interview for a web design job off of twitter once! you never know :)

Roni said...

Well, now you're passed 100 followers - CONGRATS on everything listed that is worth congratulating you for! ;D
And I'm excited for your ombre tutorial. I've had my hair ombre without even meaning to do it and I loved it. I wouldn't mind having it that way again. 
P.s. Super cute outfit. I love the lace top with only the bandeau underneath. Hot! ;)

Clare Krige said...

 I love everything in this outfit, especially the boots :)
http://silver-springs.blogspot.co.uk/

Lena said...

Yee!! So many happy things!!! I love it, friend. Especially the fact that you made up the word re-ombre. Or did you make it up? Either way, I'd never heard it before and it made me laugh. You're awesome.

Laura said...

LACE OMG <3

Blogging tips