Eep ok there must be something with me and white shirts because I had the dreaded pit stains on this shirt (just like this one). Look it gets hot in Mississippi, ok?! :)
In my usual fashion, this is pretty easy (or else I wouldn't have done it). I recently bought the most perfect-fitting slouchy tank from Old Navy and knew I needed more shirts that fit the same way! This white one with sleeves and ahem...pit stains...was the perfect candidate! Take a peek out how I did it:
Lay your tshirt down as flat as possible then lay any tank you love the shape of on top of it (I mostly loved the scoop neck on my tank!).
Try to line the tank and tshirt up as well as possible then cut the sleeves off of the tshirt with the tank on top it--just be careful with the snips! I almost sliced into my tank a couple of times.
Then you'll want to trace the scoop of the neck as much as possible, then freehand what you can't trace. Cut on just the top portion of the shirt.
Turn the tshirt over and trace the neck part of the back. I opted not to make mine a racerback, but of course you should if your fancy is tickled that way. No need to hem any edges...knit jersey's awesome like that!
Easy peezy. I even whipped it up with an old shirt that was a former failed attempt at tshirt deconstruction!
Easy peezy. I even whipped it up with an old shirt that was a former failed attempt at tshirt deconstruction!
On a side note, Poor Matthew's been having to take care of two sick girls today. I must have gotten food poisoning last night because I've been hugging the toilet all day long. Man and its MISERABLE. I think I'm finally able to keep food down so I've been enjoying a nice huge bowl of cereal! Milk and crunchy little cinnamonized flakes never tasted so good! And Maddy's been having some, uh...digestive...problems, so she's been feeling on the outs today too. No green beer for me on St. Patrick's day! Always next year I suppose. Can someone out there drink one for me?? : )
8 comments:
oh god I'm sorry you got food poisoning! You look great anyway :) <3
Meghan
Eeep! Sorry you both aren't feeling good. Yikes. I missed out on the green beer this year too. I love this tutorial. It is so simple, but such a great idea. I want to convert a bunch of my closet now, haha.
I used to love changing up my old shirts like this. And your outfit is cute in the last pics, by the way. The picture of you and your puppy is sweet. :)
I hope your sickness passes. I've only had food poisoning once and it s u c k e d. I was miserable for a week. Ugh. Feel better!
That tee looks so cute! Sorry that you got food poisoning, that's rough! Hope you are feeling better soon :)
bouquetofbee.blogspot.com.au
Eeep, I have tee's I could do this to! my cutting skills aint so good though! I have crazy shaky hands! ;)
Also, I hope you are feeling better by now my dear! xoxo
Such a cute idea ! ^^ I must remember this the next time I feel like doing a little diy-project to some old piece of my wardrobe.
Satu
- Indie by Heart
Ahhh this is way cute! I'm sure I have some t-shirts laying around I could do this with! Thanks for sharing :)
! I've been looking for a tutorial like this! I'm so clueless to think about actually tracing it over with a tank that i like! thanks so much for posting, and by the way your outfit is kickass!
Post a Comment