DIY: moleskin notebooks with fabric patches

So these are some moleskin notebooks that I revamped a couple of months ago. Its sooo easy to do and the fabric adds a lot of personality to an otherwise simply-designed notebook. 



Supplies: moleskin notebook(s), fabric scraps (I used suede/leather scraps that I had laying around + fabric from old clothing), sewing machine, double-sided tape.

Ok so get this: size up and cut out any size and shape of fabric you want, use double-sided tape to secure it in place. Put through your sewing machine. BAM. Done.

I regularly use the kitten fabric-ed one, and I even used a strip of wax paper to break up the IN YOUR FACE kitty print. I use mine for everything. Notes. Lists. Doodles. Idea sketches.

Hope you're all having the greatest Friday. It couldn't get here soon enough for me!

6 comments:

ShyScout said...

How fun! I have always wanted a moleskin journal. This is a neat way to jazz them up :]

jessica said...

I love your drawing and handwriting! I love seeing people's journals, it's really special.

Cait Emma said...

ive never seen this! how creative!

Lena said...

A ship and hot air balloons all on one notebook?!?!?! I must try to recreate this. I absolutely ADORE it!!! Awesome project, girl. Way to go!!

jaylen watkins said...

Eye-catchy blog.

Questionnaire

Unknown said...

Very very cute! Love the one with the hot air balloons. I may be developing an obsession.

<3 Daryl
Roots, Wings, and Other Things.

Blogging tips