Q+A (general questions)


Isn't this four leaf clover so sweet? Matthew found it for me yesterday : )

Business time! Last week I asked if you guys would be up for helping me out with a little Q+A session. Thank you to all the ladies who responded! I'm going to divide the Q+A into 4 parts and then make a FAQ page for my sidebar at the end of the month. This week I'm going to answer your general questions, then break my tattoo reveals into three parts. Here goes!

Why did you decide to start blogging?
I've blogged off and on for about eight years, starting with the ever-fantastic myspace! My Billie is the only of my blogs that are currently active, and its the one that I've been most involved with. All my other blogs were basically virtual diaries. I vented. I shared my day. I wrote poems. I talked about cool stuff that I found online. I shared a little about crafting.

I have two reasons for why I more-seriously blog now. I was in love with the blogging community and I know that blogging can help jumpstart a long term career for me.

I've talked about it a little bit in a previous post, but I absolutely adore how kind-natured bloggers can be. There are so many sweet people who eagerly want to share what they know with you, who want to empower you, and who want to encourage and motivate you to figure out what your full potential is and help you get there. And I definitely wanted to be a part of that.

It's no secret that I want to eventually become a for-profit blog. I want to include blogging in my full-time job and be able to launch a web-based career from it. So on days when I don't feel like blogging or get so self-conscious that I question why I'm doing this, I think about this goal and keep pushing on. Its absolutely essential to my future for me to continue building and growing my blog. Maintaining a sense of community and a hunger for sharing will help me stay others-oriented (even if do want to eventually profit from doing so).

What's the one place on earth where you're the happiest and why?
I'm kind of a homebody. I mean, I can also be a crazy social butterfly, but I love being holed up in my apartment. It's kind of this place where I've very thoughtfully constructed everything around me. Its so comfortable and full of peace. And it, even more so than words, can give someone a glimpse into who I am and what I'm about.. Work in progress. Sometimes messy. Sometimes spotless. Full of light. Comfortable. Eclectic. Energetic. Quiet. It's home : )

How old are you?
I'm 23, but I often forget the answer to this question. I'll turn 24 in July.

How do you do your hair?

Ha. Embarrassing! I wash my hair an average of two times a week. The norm as of late has been to let it air dry, but I'm starting to get concerned with how knotted up my hair gets. I've been trying to blow dry it straight and then straighten it even more with a flat iron. I use a lot of hairspray and tease it at the crown.

About 6 months ago I used an at-home highlighting kit to lighten my ends. I'm hoping to do a tutorial on this later on in March : )

What's your favorite part of your daily routine?I thought this question was going to be kind of hard to answer, but it took all of 6 seconds to come up with the answer! I like when I'm finally through with my day's obligations and get to drink a beer and maybe get to read a book. There's only a few things better in my mind than earning a beer with your day's hard work.

Please visit these lovely ladies if you don't already do so. They sweetly came up with the questions for this Q+A series: Lena, Stephanie, Gentri, Allison, Roni and Kaitlin.

9 comments:

Cait Emma said...

haha i'm such a homebody too! however, i'm addicted to be around people...its a personal paradox. great interview love!

ShyScout said...

Awesome four leaf clover, what a great find. Thanks for sharing your answers, it is nice to get to know you better :] I am a total homebody too. Home is where the heart is, right? Anywho, CAN'T WAIT to see your tattoo posts.

Gentri said...

I wish my hair looked that good when I let it air dry. It does for about an hour and then the top becomes disgustingly flat and the ends look frizzy and thin. Lame.

I'm 23 and my bday is in June! We're practically twins!

Roni E. said...

Seriously, I loved the way you worded the part about your apartment being your happy place. I liked how you linked it to your own traits. I found that poetic all in itself and totally related. :)
I really hope the full time blogging gig happens for you. I could sense your passion in reading this little post. There's definitely hope for someone with passion like that.
And oh man, I know the feeling of having a well deserved beverage. I usually have one at the end of the week (if I even think to grab a bottle of wine from the store) and ahh, it tastes so yummy and relaxes me.
Yay for the tattoo post coming up!! That'll be fun. :D
P.s. thanks for the sweet shout out.

kait said...

yay, this was fun! I really love your hair and your hair cut, I am quite impressed you colored the ends yourself! I feel like that is way beyond my skill level lol.

I have been wanting to do one of these posts, will have to try it sometime soon! Thanks for the mention :o)

Lena said...

I have to concur. A well deserved beer to end the day is pretty much awesome to the nth power. Husband and I have gotten into this tradition to sit out on the porch and just talk, while I drink a beer and he smokes his pipe. Which I consider happiness in its most raw form.
And speaking of happy, this post results in just that. Learning a wee bit more about who's behind My Billie. That's just pretty dang cool. Thanks for opening up and sharing:))

out of order said...

keep on bloggin! <3

Jazz said...

I'm really liking this Q&A. I say do more of them.

Blytheponytailparades said...

I love Q& A's cause I feel like I am REALLY getting to know the person. Thanks for posting this :)

Blogging tips