APPARENTLY I'm craving some spring time in my life because I had to get some succulents and some awesome Martha Stewart stencils this past weekend (Pause. GushRantTime: can I be Martha Stewart one day? Please??! I swear Elsie over at A Beautiful Mess is working towards it and I think I want that to be my dream too! And I'm only kidding a little).
Anyway. Me and my baby sister did some crafts this past weekend and these lovely tea tin planters are a byproduct of it. Read on to see how to do it yourself!
Anyway. Me and my baby sister did some crafts this past weekend and these lovely tea tin planters are a byproduct of it. Read on to see how to do it yourself!
First off. Grab any kind of container you can (we used some old tea tins from the coffee shop I work at). Grab any color spraypaint you want (we used some spraypaint from some old projects of mine--I have a problem with spraypainting picture frames. Oh my). Let the spraypaint dry then grab some acrylic paint (it dries amazingly fast) and your stencils (it would be really cool to make your own!) and stencil your spraypainted container up! Me and baby sister talked about layering stencil designs on top of each other, but didn't do it because apparently you have limited amount of sunshine during the winter months. If you choose to do that though, try using a lighter color for your background images and go darker/bolder in shades as you build up your image. Once your acrylic paint has dried, fill your planters with soil (we used moisture control soil...its AWESOME) and drop your little babies (aka plants) in and pack the soil around them. VOILA!
Here's baby sister (sometimes I call her Allison instead..which is her name) with one of the planters that I painted up.
Thanks for taking a peek at my first DIY. I know its not incredibly complicated, but I wanted to post something that you could get done easily and fast! I'll be posting a DIY on how to make a Roscharch necklace in a few days. Its a little more involved, plus you get to work with an xacto knife (my favorite)!
2 comments:
This is really cute. I love collecting vintage tins from thrift and consignment stores, and this would be a fun way to use them! I also like turning them into candle holders.
Wow, I just LOVE all your DIYs.
Post a Comment