Currently // 08

Did anyone else just love doing myspace surveys back in the day? Cause I did. You know what I'm talking about, right? Just hundreds of questions about what you like, don't like, what you're doing, what you're not doing, when you got out of bed, what you ate 3 days ago at 4 am, how old you were in 1999. That sorta thing. Well, my currently posts are as close as I can get to those days.

Reading // The last book in the LOtR series! Ahh I had a whole marathon of the movies this past weekend. It was amazeballs. I'll probably start reading The Hobbit next (and watch the movie too, of course). Oh, and while we're talking about movies, Oz is out on Redbox this week. HOLLA NOW.

Listening to // "Marathon" by Tennis on Spotify. My best friend has loved this girl for years and I'm only just now starting to get into her music. But now I really love it.


Anticipating // Family vacation to the mountains! We always go to Pigeon Forge, TN, and man, that place is super kitschy and touristy. But I love it so much. This year it's just going to be me, mom and dad, and hopefully J can take the time off of work and come with us. White water rafting, mini golf, hiking to waterfalls, shopping with mom (!!!), amazing BBQ, taking the trolley everywhere and fudge. Dad's such a sucker for fudge.

Eating // Curried chicken salad. It's amazing.

Thinking about // Lately my thoughts have been revolving around what my forever-work will look like. I've said it a million times before, but I've really struggled with being back in school. I know it'll be great to have a degree and a BFA education, but I miss the days of being self-sufficient. While I'm in school I'm supplementing my financial aid with my freelance work, and I think that would be fun to do full-time. Me and J are both leaning towards that line of work, as we're both happiest when we're travelling and exploring, plus we're both on board with homeschooling any kiddos we have down the road. Full-time freelancing just seems like a good fit. 

Loving // I'm with my family this week! I've missed them so, so much. It's pretty much heaven to be here now. Plus Maddy just loves being out in the country.

Going // I'll be visiting my sweet Bev this week too, then making a quick trip to Baton Rouge to hang out with Jared before coming back home for Father's Day.

What's been going on with you guys lately? Any fun summer plans? Or winter plans for my friends on the other side of the hemisphere!?

2 comments:

Emma Deer said...

I've been recently thinking about freelancing since finding out my position is being eliminated at the end of June... I just don't even know where to start! And the thought of being a freelancer and tax time is a little scary to me.

Katia said...

I used to adoooooooore those 'quizzes' or surveys or whatever, except on FACEBOOK as notes. extra embarassing!

I've been thinking a lot about work as well. I'm working my first office job, just for the summer, and I kepe jumping between whether i like it or not. I think not. but I also don't hate it. It's weird.

xo

http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

Blogging tips