MBD Updates: Sponsorship

img found here // check out other floral pieces here

Remember when I used to do sponsor spotlights (like this one and this one)? Well, I've missed them and was actually really disappointed when I realized I couldn't keep up with them during school last year. Now that I'm out for the summer I'm bringing them back, and have plans to do a lot of re-working for the blog so that I can keep all of this fun stuff up even when I start to school again next fall.

The thing is, sponsor spotlights call for a lot of work. They've gotta be good so that they are actually enjoyable for my readers and help make sponsorship on MBD worth your time. I've never liked doing the "normal" sponsor post for a good many reasons, but the main one being no one really cares. EEP I CAN'T BELIEVE I SAID THAT. But ya know, to me they're often boring and when I'm featured in one, I normally just skip down to myself so I can see if I look awesome or not. Am I the only one that feels this way?

What I'm really trying to say here is that I want to offer a different kind of sponsorship on My Billie Designs. I want fun, involved, energetic and inspirational sponsors and I want my readers to get to know them.

What I do for my sponsors is come up with an appealing and unique way to present content that you've written or products that you sell into a post or separate posts, depending on the amount of sponsors I have at any given time. The way to max out your sponsorship is to participate in a featured interview, teach a skill, show my readers a cool DIY, create a fun and inspiring list, feature a recipe (food OR a cocktail!) or share product for a giveaway (all of this at no extra cost). I'm available to help my sponsors format and design graphics for the layout of a guest post at no charge (hey, if it helps you shine I'm willing to do it--aesthetics is key to drawing people in).

If you think you have something to offer to my readers I'd love to help promote your shop or blog. You can hop over to the sponsorship page to see my stats, learn more about my readers and sign up for an ad spot. And I'd love to answer any questions you may have! You can reach me at melanie@mybilliedesigns.com.

3 comments:

Crissy said...

Yesss! Guest posts are so much better than the usual sponsor posts. It's way too overwhelming when somebody has a huge list of and I just can't spend the time to go through 10+ blogs in one sitting. People just skim anyways. I'll love to see interviews, DIY's, recipes, anything fun/interesting to share. :D

Z said...

yeee I'm so pumped! in all honesty, I exclusively sponsor blogs that have sponsorship highlights - more bang for your buck, amiright? can't wait to see you're getting back into these!

Melanie Lea said...

That's really good to know! At least I'll have that in the back of my mind now when it gets tough during school and I consider not doing them again ha!!

Blogging tips