
I asked Bridget of Deer Circus if I could share her list of ten things you can do to be happier. As a tribute to how awesome she is, she said yes. So here ya go folks!
10 things you can do to be happier this week:
1// tackle something that has been giving you anxiety.
2// send a handwritten thank you note to someone.
3// do an anonymous, altruistic deed.
4// pick something you have in excess: clothing, books -- and edit it down, enormously.
5// write things you're grateful for on sticky notes & cover a wall with them.
6// seek forgiveness -- from yourself, or from someone you've wronged.
7// call a friend just to say i love you. tell him or her why. be specific.
8// reach out to someone who has inspired you in some way.
9// express only positive things (no complaining at all) for a whole day.
10// start a journal & commit to it, even if it's just one line a day.
I love this list! Being happy is as simple as being more thoughtful about your happiness. My favorites on the list are those that involve doing stuff for others. I tend to get the most upset when I'm in my head too much, so turning my thoughts outward tends to be the best remedy for me.
What are things you do to keep yourself happy?
2 comments:
I liked this list so much. I'm going to make all of them! :)
This really is great advise. Number 1 is my favorite because I tend to avoid things that cause me anxiety. It's something I am really trying to get over. I find once you just "get it over with" it's never as bad as you thought it was going to be. Then you can breathe and move on! :)
Post a Comment