Good words // 08
I already knew this about myself, but this past week it's become even more apparent how much of a perfectionist I am. There's nothing like being in a studio with at least ten other creatives who've gotten to know me and my process, and who can tell by one glance if I've gotten stuck in my own head or not.
Some artists are free spirits and do things without consequence. But not this one. I like my "Ctrl-Z" command a little too much, and you can't click a series of buttons to undo a mistake in any medium outside of graphic design.
And, man! That really gets me stuck sometimes! I've been working with all kinds of fun stuff like wire and paper and delicately painted color swatches and all kinds of weird adhesives that I've never used before. I've been trying to take a more laid back approach to my non-graphic projects and let things happen, even if they aren't perfect, and even if they (shhhhh!) SUCK. Ohhh my inner control freak is cringing at that thought!
At the end of the day, even if you're working on a client-project, just getting some kinda work out there is still a good thing. I'm hastily working towards this as my goal. Cause being stuck is no fun, y'all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i agree! I tell people all the time that art doesnt have to be perfect, just as long as you give it your all.. its beautiful no matter what. BUT, i realize how much of a perfectionist i am at times =/ haha!
I never realized I was a perfectionist too until about 5 years ago. At first I thought I didn't have the patience to start beading or make a wire doll...but then I realized it was the urge to be perfect. It can be frustrating but I've learned to always have a back up identical piece of something or extra ingredients just in case the first isn't good! It's helped me a lot!!
Best wishes on your projects and it's okay to not be perfect!! =)
thank you for the inspiration :-)
Oh man i can completely relate (Ctrl Z is my fav command ha!) I hate making things when they start looking less than perfect which often makes me give up on projects that could have taught me a lot
Post a Comment