Nashville [part 2]

I'm missing Nashville more than ever right now! It was so nice to forget about school work and to take a few days off of the fitness/nutrition plan I've been on (see pictures of gelato below to see what I'm talking about). Of course I did manage to get in a little workout toting around this guy : )
Ever been to the Frist Art Center in Nashville? Their two current shows are on Rembrandt/Dutch paintings and the Ancient Americas. So cool (especially since I have been taking art histories these past two semesters)! I was playing art historian with Jared and I'm not sure he appreciated it too much, but he was sweet and nodded his head and said things like "cool" and "interesting" at all the right times : )
J's sister picked up tiny Dutch shoes from the museum's store. They provided us with pre-lunch entertainment at Chuy's Mexican restaurant. I normally only eat salsa and queso at Mexican restaurants...this place had amazing salsa and not-so-amazing queso. But amazing margaritas sooo...still a win!


We went to the Gaylord Opryland Hotel's indoor garden and it was beautiful (and a bit steamy). Took a little boat ride and everything : )

This is why this guy's a keeper! Always trying to rub my feet!



I'm craving some gelato right about NOW! I had the coffee flavor and I'm sure J got some flavor equivalent to "five-chocolate-paradise-fudge-dream-swirl-chip-extravaganza". Or something.

This guy had lipstick kisses on his cheek pretty much the whole trip (my bad).


Shuffleboard! Just be warned, if me and you randomly meet at some pub/bar with a shuffleboard set-up, I will challenge you to a game and there will be trash talking involved!

Craft time while driving!


And the mess that came with it : )
So there ya go! Our Nashville trip in a nutshell (click here to check out part 1). Things not pictured include our amazing Indian food dinner, the local theatre where we watched an interesting German film, the hotel we stayed at with a guitar-shaped pool and lots of pictures that my roommate sent me of my sweet Maddy.

6 comments:

Lanie said...

aww! your trip seems so awesome. Nashville definitely is a must visit for me

Unknown said...

Awww, you guys are adorbs. I want to go to Nashville so bad (and move there, too!) Glad you guys had fun!
♥Emma Deer

Kory said...

You should definitely come back and visit Gaylord around Christmas time! It's decorated up so beautifully!

JW | PEONY said...

I've only been to Nashiville once and was lucky enough to stay at Gaylord Opryland Hotel. That place is like it's own little world

Pony Chops said...

Looks like you had a fab time! Beautiful photos <3

lisa said...

Looks like a great trip- I love your photos! You guys are adorable :)

Blogging tips