Nashville [part 1]

Me and Jared took a trip to Tennessee last week while I was on Spring Break! We met up with his sister and her boyfriend then headed towards Nashville, but stopped in Memphis along the way. That top picture is of Beale Street and I just really liked the sign that says "put some South in your mouth" : ) We trekked along to find a bar that I heard about that has goats you can feed beer. And guess what? We found it! But the goats were in their little pin and weren't getting drunk while we were there (bummer). We managed to get ourselves some beers as big as our faces though, and had a good time anyway (it's Silky O'Sullivan's if you're ever in the area).
Mostly while we were in Nashville we did a million walking around and ate a lot of really good food. I highly recommend getting a burger (and a milkshake!) at the Pharmacy. I got a black bean burger and J got some burger with salsa all over it. I'd say go with his burger over mine. I think Jared has a super power of picking out the best burger on any menu, but when I told him that last night he said it's really simple--just go with the Mexican-themed burger. So there you go.


This little coffee shop was really good and delicious. I got a regular iced latte but Jared got an inced latte with mint and cayenne pepper. What the what?! I know. That guy of mine is just one bold dude. But really we were there (or maybe it was just me) because J's sister said Taylor Swift always goes to this coffee shop (Fido's). We didn't spot her, but I also kind of forgot to look. T Swift just didn't know what she was missing with us being there.

So handsome! I could stare at that face all day.



We also went to the Parthenon in Nashville! That was fun and (thankfully) a really quick excursion. Not that I didn't want to look at fake pieces of Greek art, it's just that sometimes a girl can get overstimulated from taking in so much. And much there was! So much in fact that I had to break photos of our trip into two posts! Part 2 coming soon!

7 comments:

Holl JC said...

Seems like you had a brilliant time! All these pictures are awesome, and everything you ate sounds so yummy! xxx

holljc.blogspot.co.uk/

Whit B Nimble said...

It would have been so cool to bump into you randomly while you were visiting! I have just moved back to middle Tn from S.Korea. My friend tried to take me out for a Pharmacy burger last week and the line was out the door and down the street! Your photos around Nashville are great. ^^

Yelle said...

Looks like you visited so many good places! Seeing a burger and a beer really have put me in the mood for a burger!

Jamie@OwlReally.com said...

glad you enjoyed nashville! i love my city. :)

Kory said...

Love, love, love Nashville so much! I live an hour northwest of Nashville, but I drive through on the way to my parents house. So hard not to stop in every time!

Fleur De Moi said...

I just went there last month! We went to so many of the same spots too!

Oh, My Darling said...

Funny! I was just saying I wanted to visit Nashville the other day and now I see this post!

Blogging tips