I'm a bit of a craft enthusiast, and like to spend my time creating things. So I thought I'd use this post to show you how to make a cheap & simple but stylish necklace.
//A twig that isn't too much longer than your neck.
//White acrylic paint.
//Wool/yarn in your chosen colours.
//Waterproof glue, I used fabric glue.
//Scissors
//A necklace chain with wire cutters, pliers and jump rings (optional).
Lets start crafting!
1//To start, make sure your twig is clean & dry. Scour off any dirt and gross stuff.
2//Once the twig is clean & dry, paint it white with your white acrylic. It may require a couple of coats.
3//When the painted twig is dry you can apply some glue to the places you want to stick your wool to. Start winding your wool around tightly. Don't be afraid to experiment with different thicknesses of wool and colour combinations. You can leave as much of the original twig showing as you want!
3//If you don't have any chain and jewellery making equipment, a really simple way to make the necklace strap is to braid long lengths of wool using the colours you used to decorate the twig.
4//Once braided cut the wool to the desired length for your necklace (leaving some extra room for tying it to the twigs).
5//Tie the braid to each end of the twig neatly. And you're done!!
If you want to use a chain on your necklace:
6//Decide what length you want the chain and cut to the correct size (leave extra room for connecting it to the necklace.
7//Wrap each end of the chain around the side of the necklace once and secure with a jump ring.
And here's my finished necklace!
13 comments:
that is SUCH a cute idea!! seems easy enough too
<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails // current giveaway
What an adorable idea!
This is such a cute idea! And I love that these are really everyday items. :)
i really obsessed with twigs these days... LOVE!
The twigs would even look cute wrapped in yarn in a mason jar or something. Or maybe even a bracelet?
Nice one! Good job. :)
Love! Even the colour combos here are perfect ;) !
xo
http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/
ah cute! Nice idea, I've been thinking of wrapping everything in string lately! :P
This is adorable.
such a cute idea!
Oh, My
This is too cool! Next time I go hiking I will pick up twigs and get crafty =)
Such a cute and easy peasy idea!! Thank you :]
THIS IS AWESOME!
Post a Comment