Packing For Vacation

This is just a tidbit of what I'm packing for my vacation in the mountains next week! And I've seriously got to find the other shoe to that poor little lonely guy all the way to the left!

We'll be doing some hiking and ziplining so I'll have to pack better tennis shoes and some leggings (no short shorts allowed for ziplining) but mostly we'll be hanging out as a family! Bad news, though...Matthew might not be coming with us. Unfortunately he's run into some things that might keep him in Mississippi. Good news though! Allison and Landon will be joining us! So excited to see Landon in the caverns, at Dollywood and playing mini golf!

Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg lean on the far end of touristy and kitschy, but honestly all that comes to mind when I think of those places is family and love (cheeseball, I know). My family has been going to the mountains every summer for as long as I can remember! I can't wait to see Landon doing all the fun things that I used to do as a kid. I think the most important thing you can teach a kid is how to be loved, and with how crazy his younger years have been (parents divorcing, his mom being a full time nursing school student and splitting parental responsibilities between his mom and his grandparents), times like next week are important to show him that we're all in this together and make time just for fun and loving on each other.

Sap time over! So what do yall think? Maybe I should invest in more colorful pieces, huh? : )

7 comments:

shakti said...

Have fun! Zipping is such a blast :)

Katherine / Corgis & Cocktails said...

i totally love pigeon forge and gatlinburg! one of the images i used in the guest post i did for you was on 75 in tennessee (i drove through gatlinburg to get to athens, ga from ohio). i love how crazy tacky it is. it's perfect. that is so nice that he gets to go on vacation with you and experience these things and the love! all your outfits look like you will be totally looking awesome the entire time.

Crissy said...

Ahh ziplining seems scary haha!

katie said...

oh my gosh gatlinburg is basically my favorite place in the world! eep. i'm pretty jealous of your vacation - say hi to dolly for me! ;) <3

Sierra said...

I love your blog!!
xx,
Sierra
Oh, Just Living the Dream

raisingrainbows said...

kitsch? whateva' it's Tennessee and it's gorgeous. my favorite memories of summer vacations when we were kids were the summers spent with my mom's family TN.

raisingrainbows said...

enjoy yourself and take lots of pics. we'll want to see them :)

Blogging tips