







Man looking at these pictures is reeeally making me miss this place! Me and Matthew always have such a good time there. After getting settled at the tree house we started wandering around the city. Our adventures for the rest of the trip included visiting my favorite New Orleans coffee shop (Rose Nicaud on Frenchmen), walking around the city, playing with a kitty in a local bookstore, taking pictures of and in front of weird colon charts in bathrooms of local bookstores, a little [window] shopping at Urban Outfitters and Lush and a quick stop to this really cool Irish pub called Kerry's. The owner of the pub was this incredibly nice guy who had dollar bills pinned all over the ceiling of the place and gave us some free potato chips for our ride home. RULE!
Also, please note that being able to stand up in any kind of heel comfortably for 8+ hours does not equal being able to comfortably walk around 3-4 miles in heels. And if you know of some good heels that are good for walking around in, please let a sister know. Fa real.
When me and Matthew move to Hattiesburg we'll be a whole hour closer to this beautiful city. Ahhh such fun.
Have any of you been to New Orleans? What is your favorite part of the city and what did you do for fun?
Also, please note that being able to stand up in any kind of heel comfortably for 8+ hours does not equal being able to comfortably walk around 3-4 miles in heels. And if you know of some good heels that are good for walking around in, please let a sister know. Fa real.
When me and Matthew move to Hattiesburg we'll be a whole hour closer to this beautiful city. Ahhh such fun.
Have any of you been to New Orleans? What is your favorite part of the city and what did you do for fun?


13 comments:
Aw looks like you had so much fun! I was just in New Orleans a few weekends ago with my parents and it was a blast. Heels are a definite no no when you're walking that long. Wedges are better but your feet will even hurt in flats and sandals walking around all day. xo lindsay
www.thelovelythingsare.blogspot.com
I want to go to New Orleans so badly! It's really not THAT far away, but it just never seems to work out. I'm hoping to finally get to Mardi Gras this year!
My husband and I were just there. Sort of jealous I didn't know about the tree house!
next time, or any time, take me with you!
www.deercircus.com
looks amazing. that cat is a total cutie. and the more i read your blog, the more i think you look like a friend of mine. its eery.
Ha cool! When I worked at a coffee shop I got that ALL the time! Does your friend have a blog?
Definitely : )
The tree house is on private property but all the residents are super cool. They welcome anyone as long as you're respectful. Such a nice way to live!
Oh man I've never been to Mardi Gras. It seems a little crazy for me : ) I like going during the off season (actually there's not really an off season in New Orleans ahh!). Where do you live?
Dude you're so right. I guess I just need to get over not wearing heels. I'm not a "girly" girl but when I worked in a vintage boutique I got incredibly used to wearing them every day...and now I can't stand to not be in them!
Alabama now, Dallas soon!
I want to experience this city the way you did! The only time I've ever been there was when I traveled out there with my Ultimate Frisbee team for a tournament. It was during Mardi Gras. Maddness. Madness I tell you!
So glad you enjoyed my home town so much ;) Love seeing people exploring more than just Bourbon Street!
Post a Comment