" I am not busy. I am the laziest ambitious person I know. " (It's like he was in my brain! Except that I do keep myself busy. But I always feel like the laziest ambitious person ever.)
"The Puritans turned work into a virtue, evidently forgetting that God invented it as a punishment." (LOVE this!)
"...but I did make a conscious decision, a long time ago, to choose time over money, since I've always understood that the best investment of my limited time on earth was to spend it with people I love." (Something I need to think about more often.)
So. Life lately. It's been stressful! I did a very rushed, but necessary, move out of my apartment in Jackson and moved in with my parent's (until August). Its been really great being back home. I love getting to see my parent's and I haven't had to worry about getting rent money together or buying groceries plus Maddy has a huge yard (okay, pasture) to play in. She hasn't been on a leash in two weeks!
However my design work routine has really fallen out of whack (that equals pressure and stress for me). I cleaned the front part of the house the day after I moved in. That took all day. Then my mom wanted to have an impromptu garage sale. That took about three days to get ready. Then I've been to Hattiesburg four times out of the past six days (a three hour commute both ways). Plus I had two appointments in Jackson this week (two hour commute both ways...in the opposite direction of Hattiesburg). I've been stressed about gas money and getting a lease signed for a place in Hattiesburg before we go on vacation in a week (oh THANK GOD that's happening!). Plus I've been dog-sitting for my big sis (and she doesn't have Internet at her house). And my pants started getting too tight. Not cool.
My little human spirit can be broken by the tiniest thing but God is so capable of handling anything. Okay...everything! So every time I got stressed out about something I tried to hand it over to him. I still have a wee bit of anxiety about finishing all my design jobs before vacation but I know it'll work out somehow.
To end it all, here's a list of things I'm thankful for:
//Putting down a deposit on a great house in downtown Hattiesburg. Complete with a backyard for Maddy, screened-in porch, amazing kitchen and CLAW FOOT BATHTUB (remember my bday wishlist??)!
//My friend Caitlin who will be living with me and Matthew. That means an extra closet full of great clothes to go through and a Keurig. And a workout buddy!
//Vacation next week. I need mountains in my life.
//How helpful and understanding and patient my parents are. Oh how I love them!
//How good of a snuggler Maddy is.
//Coffee. Ooooh yes. Coffee. Its been saving my life.
//Pinterest. I got a little obsessed with my home board yesterday after dropping off the deposit for the new place. Woops.
//Its FINALLY stopped raining!
//School starting! I'm actually really nerdy...I love taking classes and sitting up front and raising my hand a lot.
//Forever 21 in Hburg (there's not one in Jackson..wtf). I'm gonna apply for a PT job there!
There are a million more things I'm happy about and blessed with right now, but this Pandora station is a little too good right now and I'm suddenly very distracted by it. Hope you all have a great weekend! And you really should try to read that article I mentioned above. It really makes you stop and think!

5 comments:
What a great article- thanks for sharing. Life can get so overwhelming sometimes and it's so great when you're able to take a step back, assess what's good and take a deep breath. Time away works wonders too :)
indeed a great article. sometimes, especially when my hubby is around, i feel crazy busy, but when i'm alone, i feel like i haev all the time. it makes no sense, but when we are together, i seriously can spend hours just cuddling him (which is a good thing) but since i dont have that when hes not here, well yeah - i feel the anti- of busy!
Wow, that is a really great article. Definitely has me re-thinking about things. Thanks for sharing. You have a great blog.
Catherine (your newest follower)
FEST (food, style & travel)
Congrats on the house! That is awesome. Decorating a home is so fun. :)
Haha, I am always busy and feeling lazy. But today's a day off and I am happy that I found your weblog. It's awesome. Best wishes from the Netherlands! xMM
Post a Comment