DIY: Confetti Bulb Garland


Hi guys! I'm Deborah from "In Whirl of Inspiration" and today I will keep you company with a simple but great DIY. A lamp bulb -confetti covered- garland! Oh and Melanie thanks so so much for inviting me here. :)

Come sit by me, I have a small story for you. As a kid I could spend hours playing with my perforater, creating colorful confetti, until my mum hid it for good. This was a logical action as I was dropping these tiny papers all over the house, a pain to be cleaned. Anyway, now many years later I discovered again this magical little device and I am officially addicted again! So, as you can imagine, it is the main hero of this DIY. The second roles are played by some used and seared lamp bulbs, which were predestined to be recycled until I came up with this DIY and gave them a better future. {Side note. Don't forget to recycle what you don't need anymore! End rant.}

So let's see what we have here:
I used my (gorgeous red) perforater, some magazine's paper sheets (choose some with pictures if you want colorful confetti), a glue (I used atlacoll), a brush, a plastic cup, some used lamp bulbs, newspapers (to cover the floor) and a nice rope. Oh and a little water.

1. We take some fancy paper sheets. Take some with photos or texts, it depend on what confetti you would like to have. Colorful or black and white? I leave this entirely up on you to choose!
2. Fold the paper (for approximately 9 times). By this,  you will have the maximum confettis per sheet of paper.
3. We mix atlacoll with the water with an analogy of 4/1. You want  to have your glue dissolved with water, but the final solution should be a little viscous.
4. Bind the rope on the end of the bulbs, so that you will have a nice lamp bulb garland. (You can do this in the end too, if you feel that you will be confused with the bulbs, the leaky glue and the confetti everywhere. Yes, it will be chaos! :) )
5. Then start covering each bulb with glue and throw the little pieces of paper on. (*Beware*: The glue will leak, so make sure you have spread many newspapers on the floor otherwise you will make a mess! Like really!)
6. Let each lamp bulb dry for 10 minutes and then repeat filling the areas which have few confettis.
7. Let that dry for about 30 minutes and then cover with the last layer of glue.
8. Let it dry for an hour or two and you are ready!
That's all. Now hang your lamp bulb -confetti covered- garland somewhere sunny. I preferred a place near to my windows, as I like the sound of the glass when the wind whispers!

And don't hesitate to come and say a hello over my place too!
Loveyia, Deb

13 comments:

Chloe Renee said...

Eep! How pretty are these?! I am adding these to my list of things to make for my first home/apartment... When I get one. Thanks for this awesome DIY, I will be sure to share it in one of my diy ideas posts.

Baylee said...

Gah. I am a lover of confetti and been looking forward to seeing what the post was going to be. These are so cute! I want to make some asap. Luckily I have a ton of bulbs burned out at home so I can do this asap!

Kate said...

This is such a brilliant idea! So pretty!
www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Thanks for this Mel!! I had a really good time doing this!! :))

www.kelly-christine.com said...

love this! so different. can't wait to give it a try! xo kellychristine

Vivika said...

Oh what an awesome idea!

Amanda said...

What a wonderful idea! I really love it.

Lücuma Volätil said...

great idea! I will definitely do these!!!
thanks for sharing!!!!

Erica said...

This is such a fun project and what a great way to reuse old lightbulbs. Reduce, reuse, recycle! :)


Thanks for the great project idea Deborah!!

http://caughtonawhim.blogspot.com/

Pony Chops said...

Wow, this is so effective!! I think they'd look amazing with big silver circles too, like mini disco balls!!

http://pony-chops.blogspot.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

buy viagra generic online generic viagra forum uk - can you buy viagra on ebay

Anonymous said...

how to buy viagra online buy generic viagra online cheap - cheap viagra 50mg

Lücuma Volätil said...

great idea! I will definitely do these!!!
thanks for sharing!!!!

Blogging tips