How do you do it?


Well first off, here's Maddy toting around an almost-empty can of cat food. Baby girl decided she rather have that in her mouth than be able to see while walking around. Reason #958 why I love her.

And second off, how in the world do you guys stay on top of reading blogs? I feel like I used to visit 20+ new blogs a day and leave comments on almost all of them and wonder why a lot of them wouldn't visit and say hi back. Now I get it. There's just too much to do!

But I don't want to be like those bloggers that only talk about how much they appreciate their readers. I want to be the kind of blogger that shows how much they appreciate their readers and friends. That interacts and is mostly good at keeping up with the blogs that she (I) loves. Honestly though, I've kind of been sucking it up.

Fact 1: I've been keeping blog things at a distance for fear of burn out.
Fact 2: Aforementioned burn out has been averted! Wahoo!
Fact 3: I've been doing less computer time so that Matthew and Maddy and family and friends don't feel left out of my life.
Fact 4: Because they kinda did at one point.
Fact 5: I've come back to neutral and am ready to do this thing again!
Fact 6: I still need pointers on how you busy bloggers keep up with your favorite blogs and new blogs. I really reaaaally wish I was discovering tons of new blogs all the time again.

HELP! Give me your words! And I love you.

20 comments:

Elisha(: said...

no worries!! I TOTALLY get youuu!! I follow soo many blogs that it's just NOT POSSIBLE to comment, let alone VISIT each one!! :P just set your priorities.. maybe unfollow some people?? I did that.


x.

Lady Rave Unlaced said...

I set aside time, usually in the morning, to go through all the new blog posts, trying to leave comments here and there, and then after I do that I update my own blog :)

Kira said...

I'll admit, it used to be a lot easier! I generally look at blogs whenever I find myself with some free time (which is starting to become more rare these days). It sucks having to skip over a bunch of blogs in my rss feed, but I generally look at titles and if if it looks interesting to me, I click on it and read. Then if I go through new blog posts and still have time, I will go back through more. Sometimes I sit down and think through my blog friends and if I feel like I haven't visited someone in a while, I will check out their blog first.

Vicky S said...

Firstly, how cute is she?! I've been struggling with exactly the same problem - haven't found a solution yet!

Roni said...

Well, I don't do it everyday (b/c some days there's no time), but several times a week, I do read every blog post that is posted from people I follow. I've always made it a point to only follow people I GENUINELY want to follow and keep up with, so the amount of blogs I follow is actually doable to read every single post. On each day that I'm not busy and have time for them all, it takes me about an hour and a half to get through each one with comments. So it's not too bad at all. And when I have absolutely nothing at all to do, I go off and try to find new blogs to read after I've taken care of my "friends'" blogs. But that unfortunately only happens like a few times a month, because it takes so much time. And I almost always do my own blog posting after I've caught up on my friends' posts. I don't know why. Oh, and I try and do all this while Mikey is doing his homework, because blogging has interfered with our time in the past. So much that we had to have a talk about it, lol, because I was totally ignoring him. So I definitely know what you mean. In fact, all your "facts" are super relatable to me. And I do get so overdone with blogging that I too have to stray away for a week or so sometimes. It happens. But I come back because I do love it. As I know you do. We all just need our breaks when we have too much of something is all.
Anywho, per usual, I rambled. I hope I was of some help, or at the very least just gave you something semi-relatable to read. haha

Roni said...

P.s. Eep! I can't believe I forgot to comment on how adorbs Maddy looks with that bowl-face! hehehe My dogs do that, too :)

Roni said...

Shit. And I should also say that I have all this time right now particularly because I'm on summer vacay from school and I only work part time. So thaaaat also helps my ability to read all the blogs on my newsreel AND comment. There, no more comments from me. This is getting kind of ridiculous.

Melanie Lea said...

Baha thanks Roni....thanks! : )

Those are actually really good tips and things I needed to hear!

Melanie Lea said...

Ahh what are we gonna do Vicky!? Hopefully our faithful blog friends can stay perpetually patient and tolerant of us while we deal!

Melanie Lea said...

Yeah I mostly check blogs from just randomly thinking about them! I NEVER look at my blog feed anymore.

Melanie Lea said...

So you make sure you visit other blogs BEFORE you post on your own blog? That's pretty smart! Because you're definitely going to post on your own...eventually. Right? I'll give this a try : ) Thanks mama!

Melanie Lea said...

Ha awesome! I think I just need to make sitting down at my laptop more of a priority. I mean as long as its balanced with sitting down with actual people too. Maybe... : )

Thanks for your comment and tip! I've definitely done a little unfollowing of my own, but it was mostly because I ended up being aggravated or annoyed with blogs/bloggers that I THOUGHT were really interesting. Oh my.

NikiWhittle said...

I find it sooooo hard to keep up with my fave blogs, probably as I’m constantly adding new blogs to the list! The only way I find that I can at least try and keep on top of reading and commenting is through Google Reader. It’s great, all the new posts from the blogs I follow are listed in one easy to read place…that’s how I knew you’d posted this J

Debbie said...

Well it's a fact I follow so many blogs too. One day without bloglovin' and I will have 200+ unread posts. Hell ya, I hate that. And then I started just reading some posts, without commenting. Or I was commenting when I had really something to say instead of writing "that's great" or "well done" . And when I follow a new blog, I try to figure out If I don't like anymore some of my old ones. It's impossible after some time to follow so many blogs. At least, I feel pressured!

I hope I helped you out a little bit :)

Kelley Underwood said...

Oh hey there... you stole the words right out of my mouth. Oh blogworld... how you can completely destroy my free time. I've had to set a schedule for myself or blogging can completely take over.

shyscout said...

Maddy is so cute! I love that picture haha.


I feel you lady! It is soooo hard to stay on top of everyones blogs and go out and find new ones on top of that. I typically make a point to comment back on everyones blogs that leave a comment on my posts when I find the time. If I have extra time I will venture off to pages from those - really just depends. As for trying to balance life and blogging - I am terrible at it. I have been trying to limit the time I spend each day. I typically try to catch up on comments either first thing when I wake up or late at night if I have nothing else going on. We are all human though and have lives and they should take top priority haha. Some times its tough though letting go, but true readers will stay and thats all that matters. Also - trying to write posts ahead of time helps save time in the future...or at least it feels like it. I will try to knock out a few posts so I can breathe for a few days.

Vicky S said...

Hope so! I think I probably need a good clear out of all the blogs on my bloglovin'!

Melanie Lea said...

You're actually one of the bloggers I envy for staying so well connected to your readers! It seems like you really make time to respond to your readers and its obvious that they love you because your followers just keep growing and growing! Your words are helpful. Thanks Allison! : )

Renee said...

I read all my blogs in the morning and update my own after work when I get home, not sure why, but that system seems to work for me...I also unfollow blogs from time to time if I find that I'm not enjoying it or skimming past all the posts. I totally understand the difficulty, I figure I need to live as much as I can and just post when I'm able to :)

Danielle Selby said...

Gah, Maddy!! She made me laugh out loud! Oh gosh, I don't know how other bloggers/professionals/moms/you name it do everything. I just try to tend to what I can, but I still feel pretty behind. My biggest issue is to not compare myself with everyone else. The days I don't do it as much, I don't feel so bad. :)

Blogging tips