Calling all blog+design questions!


[src]
So. I was wondering...

Do you have any blog or design questions? Are you having a hard time finding a tutorial for something or want to learn how to find a tutorial for something? Do you have or know how to acquire the basic tools for photo editing and graphic/web design (you can find these tools for free!). Have you seen something on the web or in print and wondered how it was done? Maybe you're wondering how to rotate your ads as your page refreshes or aren't happy with your grab button. Are you confused with how to start a sponsor program? Want to know how to approach a blogger or shop about donating an item for a giveaway? Need tips on staying on task, focused and organized with your blog?

If you've got questions related to general blogging and/or web+blog design please leave them here! I'm very interested in teaming up with some fantastic blog friends of mine to start a series of tutorials teaching the basics (and not-so-basics) of blogging and design. I certainly don't know all of the answers to your questions but I'm craving new things to learn and I know several talented designers and bloggers who I think would be more than willing to help out with this topic.

Don't be shy! : )

10 comments:

Rachael said...

I would LOVE to learn how to make simple buttons (like for button swaps)! Also basic layout stuff would be really great! Awesome idea!

Alice said...

This might actually be quite simple but I've been spending forever trying to work out how to change the font of my pages tabs. I'm using Google Fonts and I can't find anywhere that tells me the CSS needed to just change those links. I'm a big fan of your designs as well so any basic advice on colour combinations/choosing fonts would be great. This is such an awesome thing to do, thanks! Can't wait to see what other people ask xo

Mandy said...

Hi there, I'm a new reader, and new to blogging, so new in fact that I've never published a post and I am still trying to create my blog. So this came at a perfect time! I'm currently having trouble deciding on widths for my blog layout, I designed my blog on my lap top at home and when I viewed it on my computer at work, my header image cut off. So maybe something about picking widths for not only your blog layout but for the images and things that will be in your header and side bars?
I could also use a little help and tips for making grab buttons and contact buttons and such!
Sponsor programs are something I will be interested in the future, and an explanation on how things like that work would also be helpful.
xomando

shyscout said...

I'd love to help if I can :] I have fun with this kind of stuff.

Debbie said...

I would love to help too, I find layout designing fascinating!

Amanda said...

You know how your photo is like..a circle? How in the world did you do that? I'm sure it's simple but I just can't figure it out. Also..your cute little links on the left..."Twitter, Instagram...." I am a new reader to your blog. Love it!


Amanda...at we & serendipity

Renee said...

This is a nice thing to do :) I am such amateur and I really don't have time to spend hours on my blog, although I wish I did. I don't have photoshop (is there a free version, as everyone seems to have it, and I don't believe everyone pays for it!) But basically I'd like to be able to make a pretty 'about me' like yours with the circle, some nice buttons, and those awesome collage type layouts you see around. Thanks again! x

allie safran said...

this is SO GREAT! i'd love to know the trick to not looking awkward in the dreaded 'alone picture' as well as general design tricks (button-making, graphic making etc). so happy to have found your blog through calico skies :)


allie @ beauty and the feast (www.alexandrasafran.com)

Alexa Rivera said...

mm well 2 questions(:
one: how do you change the font to something prettier
two: how do you put links to organize your DIYs to your Potographs, etc
like the one at the top of the page
have a nice day!

Sofia said...

Hi!
I'm kind of new to blogging. I've had blogs in the past. I run two small businesses. And I'm very familiar with photo editing (I've been a graphic designer for 10 years). I would absolutely love to work with you! I'm a DIY, handmade nut, too :]
I am excited for this opportunity to get to meet other bloggers & readers.
Feel free to email me! :]

Blogging tips