A little update

Yesterday I spent:
1/3 of my time working on a business card design for myself
1/3 of my time styling a shoot with my friend Morgan
1/3 of my time snuggling with Maddy-she got her one-year shots and an injection of Benadryl yesterday..
(which means 0/3 for blogging).

A little update: I got sooooo incredibly inspired and motivated to start on a bunch of refashioning projects after checking out a bunch of amazing DIY websites. So I pulled out my piles of thrift store clothing, picked this crazy oversized black velvet dress and started photographing all the pre-sewing stuff. Then I get on my sewing machine and the thread gets jammed. So I get it all sorted out and try again. Then it jams again. Then I sort it out and try to manually turn the machine to ease the fabric through. And it STILL jams.

So I was all like, "Okay. I'll just take some outfit photos of myself." So I rig up a stand-in for a tripod with one of my dining room chairs, one of Matthew's stereo speakers and a stack of cds and mail. I finally figure out how to use the self-timer and then.

The batteries go out. And we didn't have any replacements. So I hung my head low and started working on my business card. Mer. But that actually ended more fruitfully than my first two ventures!

Since I have nothing to show you of my productivity just yet, I'll leave you will these amazing zodiac illustrations that I found about a month ago (via HonestWTF)!








Can you tell which one is yours? (Taurus, Aries, Aquarius, Virgo, Gemini, Libra, Leo, Capricorn, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Cancer and Pisces). You can check out the original source here. What's your sign? Do you think it matches up well with your personality?

**And a few more quick updates:
Welcome new Android Instagrammers! You can find me at @melanieannelea!
And Gentri partnered up with two wonderful ladies to do a gift exchange between bloggers. It's called "Send something Good" and sign-ups are until April 11th. They match you to a blogger and you're supposed to check out their blog/shop to get to know them, then send a fun package with things that you think they'll like plus little things from your part of the world. Gentri gives great examples on her blog and lots more details and instructions. I SIGNED UP! Will me and you end up giving each other a gift?? Hope so! Go here to learn how to sign up.

12 comments:

Christi Brazee said...

i need to design a business card for myself. way to be on top of things!

Kira said...

I am a Cancer and it does not match my personality at all! Based off of the drawings above, I am definitely least like the Cancer than any of the others!

Erica Bull said...

I love these little drawings! I'm aquarious... the picture looks pretty glamorous haha

And that whole gift swap deal sounds awesome, I actually just signed up for something similar, blogging buddies! It sounds super cute, and I love all the oppourtunities for networking...

Erica
http://inthelightofstyle.blogspot.com

Sierra said...

I knew which zodiac drawing was mine right away (of course, Taurus is an easy one to spot and it was also the first one I saw, haha). It's kind of ridiculous how well my astrological sign matches up with my personality. Taurus' are highly practical, but happiest when they are involved in some sort of creative process, are generally easy-going and slow to anger, but if you make them angry they can get a bit out of control. Basically, I bottle everything up until I can't take it anymore and then freak out. Not the healthiest way to handle a situation... At least I don't freak out about every little thing, right?

http://viennawaitsblog.blogspot.com/

Gentrileeblog said...

THANK YOU for spreading the word! :) I'm so excited you're joining in!! :D

Roni said...

Okay, my zodiac horoscope thingy was actually really spot on. So spot on, it was creepy. Thanks for sharing! 
Also, that "send something good" thing sounds super fun! I'll definitely check it out! 
And sorry you kept hitting dead ends today, I know what that's like and it's so frustrating. Tomorrow is a new day. :)

Charley Taylor said...

Aww! I love mine! I am a scorpio 100%!

Melanie Lea said...

Aw cool! I need to brush up on what Scorpios are like...I only know a lot about Leos, Capricorns, Libras and Virgos (me + all the guys I've dated...). That stuff's important when it comes to dating! Right?

Melanie Lea said...

What's your sign Roni??  Dude I've been so unproductive since my failed attempt at photographing a diy TWO WEEKS AGO. Wtf??? Next week I'll be better! 

Melanie Lea said...

BAHAHAH this made me laugh! You're the coolest Taurus I know : )

Melanie Lea said...

I'm on the cusp of being a Cancer (birthday is July 27th) so I've always thought I shared personality traits between Cancer and Leo. Are you on the edge of your sign? 

Melanie Lea said...

"On top of things" isn't EXACTLY what I'd call it, but it takes some shape similar to that : ) Still trying to finish them up geeeeee wiz.

Blogging tips