I'm so thankful that today is today just because it isn't yesterday. Yesterday. Was baaaad. At least it started that way. And mostly remained that way. And then I showered. And then I ate good food with friends and bowled cheaply with those friends also. And then I (finally) cleaned my serger. And then I cleaned my whole entire apartment (midnight really is the best time to do these kinds of things)! And now today I feel so much better! I feel like I have a better handle on my life. I'm really good at pretending like my environment doesn't need to be orderly in order for me to be orderly. But it really really does (sadly). Am I alone in this? Anyone else out there who knows what I'm talking about!?!?
Anyway. Here's a before+after that I took on Instagram. Kelley and Bekuh were kind enough to make me feel better about my life of disarray and a whole plethora of people were there to support me for my effort of cleanliness. Thank you instagram. Thank you!
Oh! And tomorrow I'm posting a tutorial on how to make this skirt! Come back and check it out : )
Oh! And tomorrow I'm posting a tutorial on how to make this skirt! Come back and check it out : )
22 comments:
i love everything about this post. your headband/turban. that amazinggg blouse. the way the cleanliness of your home impacts your sanity. i get it.
That skirt is rad! Can't wait for the tutorial. Love the pabst in the before pic.
-Baylee
stopcents.blogspot.com
You pull off the turban well! The skirt is awesome - I can't wait to learn how to make it :]
I totally know how you feel. My room is chaotic right now and I have been feeling stressed lately. I know as soon as I clean it I will feel better. Something about cleaning and having order instantly makes you feel better!
I'm glad today isn't yesterday too. I would say stop world, what are you doing?
You are totally rocking that little turban scarfy thing you got going on. AND I can't wait for you tutorial! You are such an awesome DIYer. Truth.
I adooore that turban on you, lovely look! The skirt is also rawkin!
xo
http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/
I am similar on my environment being clean in order for me to function. I also need it to be inspiring. Like rearranging, bright colors, pictures, artwork for me too feel at ease about my environment. That's why I think its important to buy little things here and there for the house so it keeps it fresh. You look beautiful btw.
Your turban looks amazing. I love the way you tied it. It just looks perfect with your hair. I am experiencing slight hair envy at the moment.
I love your triple print combo - you look lovely!
And I agree on midnight for cleaning. It works for me that way too for some reason. It's like, everything from the day just calms down enough for me to go, "Okay, I can take it now."
I'm glad today was better for you.
I might like to say I'm glad today isn't yesterday tomorrow, if that's ok? You look really cute, love the turban!
Shell @ Kitty&Buck
xo
you have AMAZING style!!! love that look on you. so cute. and that is one cute & clean kitchen! xo
You are truly the cutest.
Ha of course you can say that! Its nice to know I'm not alone in this world of being-happy-its-not-yesterday-ness : )
TOTALLY know what you mean. I used to be such an early bird but now I'm staying up so late and being productive. My body is freaking out on me.
Kelley! So happy to see your little ad at the top of my page! Its gonna be a FUN month!
Totally know what you mean, the more messy my place is the messier my head feels!
Vic @ franklyvic.blogspot.com
Dude I would still be so disoriented and out of wack if I had taken a trip to Japan for almost two weeks. You've snapped back beautifully!
Ha thanks! PBR always makes it into my pictures somehow : )
Bah thanks Jillian! You're so schweet!
Ha thanks lady! My kitchen is always the first thing to get messy and nasty. Feeling so much better now!! : )
Aw thanks Mandy! I've never been one to wear head things so seeing your compliment is extra nice!
You've read my mind exactly. To the tee. I like pretty things all around me and I kind of need them to feel inspired! Sometimes I wish I could procure it more from within, but its really hard for me to!
Thankfully I've gotten my apartment in order! Head is definitely in a better spot now : ) Glad to know I'm not alone in that!
Post a Comment