Today I want to show you this awesome agate necklace I made! I was at Jo-Ann's and saw this sweet little strand of agate staring at me so I whisked it away and took it home with me. Its been crammed in a rubbermaid box with a million other jewelry-making things for at least a month now. But alas. Its moment of glory has come. And now I'm going to show you how to do your own!
1. Grab an assundry* of metal chain, a strand of agate (this was about $15 at Jo-Ann's..a bit pricey but I couldn't not get it!), some pliers and some jump rings. I always grab two pairs of pliers to open up small jump rings (even my tiny fingers can be too big for those baby ones). 2. Open up a jump ring. 3. Loop it through your agate "bead". 4. Attach it to your desired spot on your main chain. Then do it on the other end. Then keep doing it with your other chain assortment until you're finished (I did two more strands of chain on top of the agate).
BAM! Done. It really helped that the agate was already strung for me.
*For SOME reason assundry kept getting that weird little red line underneath it when you've typed a word that isn't really a word. And of course I was like, "dude I've heard this word a million times in my lifetime. I know its a word." So I googled it and apparently it isn't! Us southerners like to do weird things like save time by drawing 2+ words into one big word. You know...to save time and such. But to my southern heart's benefit, sundry is a word (meaning various or diverse). I'm still sticking to assundry.
In OTHER news. Watching 500 Days of Summer tonight. Haven't done it yet (eep)! And I'm getting the last disc of season 2 of Parks and Recreation tonight, too. And it just so happens that Matthew is going to be out of town soooo me and Maddy are going to have some serious girl bonding time with turkey meat burritos and PBR.
Happy Tuesday lovelies : )
34 comments:
Large number of people focus on necklace information like these.
labrets
That necklace is awesome, such a fun DIY!
This is such a fun DIY! It's been a few months since I made some jewelry, so I might have to give this a try. 500 Days of Summer is such a great movie, but aren't you going to watch season 3 of Parks & Rec?! haha. PBR is delish. So happy it's vegetarian-friendly.
You will LOVE 500 Days of Summer!
Such a fun and easy DIY! thanks for sharing lady. I saw 500 days of summer when it first came out to theatress....i think it really depressed me. So parks and rec will be a great pick me up :] Have fun!
Awesome! Thanks for showing how!
it's really great melanie!!! i love how you showed us how too :o
This necklace is seriously rockin'. Props to you girl!
It turned out great! I liked 500days of summer, hope you do too! :)
That necklace is gorgeous!
This is SO cool!
xo
Hi Melanie! Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a special blogger award! Go check it out on my blog :)
P.S. Jenna from "I Never Really Told You.." :)
Ah! How awesome is this? Thanks for sharing, the end result looks so great! And can I tell you how cute I think your blog is? The header and overal design is seriously amazing :)
xo, Samanthasammyblackwood.com
this is AMAZING. you did a great job with this - i love the chain style you chose too.
and zooey deschanel is so cute in 500 days of summer, but the movie depresses me a bit. parks and rec is great though - especially like the 2nd and 3rd seasons.
I love the necklace! You are so DIY it's awesome. :)
Oh, you're gonna love 500 Days of Sumer. It's a really great movie. I've seen it like a couple dozen times. And um, I love when Mikey goes out of town and I get some bonding time with my pets. PBR definitely makes it best.
Girl, this necklace is AMAZING! There's something very Antrhopologie-esque about it. I adore it.
This is amazing! I like how the chains are all mismatched. I like making jewellery too! :)x
Wow, this looks fabulous! Looks fairly simple too! I've wanted to see 500 Days of Summer, and Parks and Rec too, come to think of it. I've heard good things about both.
Know what else is cool?
You.
Dude. So easy!
Thanks Lena!
You do!? I've been helping my friend get her items ready for a craft show so I'm incredibly in the mood to make stuff. Do you sell online?
Baha you can't beat a good pet snuggle!
God I love Zooey. It WAS a bit depressing, but P+R was there to remedy that. I just finished with the 2nd and need to get started on the 3rd now!
Yay thanks Jenna! I'll make sure to do the post next week and thank you sooo much! I'm honored : )
Thanks Gina! I love showing simple DIYs on this here little blog!
Thanks Marielle!
Yay Kelley thank you so much!
Thanks for stopping by Baylee!
Ha yeah I was definitely happy to have Parks and Recreation there afterwards! Have I told you yet how happy that you're back??
!!! : )
YES girl I'm totally going to get down with the 3rd season! Just finished the 2nd so I'll put the 3rd in my netflix queue as soon as I remember to!
Kira thank you so much! I had a million fun making it : )
Post a Comment