[src]
Ok so we can all get stressed out,
right?
I hate to put a box around anyone, but my observations of myself and other bloggers tells me one big thing: we bloggers put a lot on our metaphorical plates. And sometimes (just sometimes) all that stuff we try to fit into one tiny day [or week or month] can lead to a little thing called stress.
There are a ton of ways you can reduce and manage your stress. Exercising, praying, sleeping and being in nature are a few ways. Today I'm going to focus on personal growth and how it reduces stress. I read a quote somewhere that said "Stress is related to how out-of-control you feel." I think stress can come from a lot of places, but there's something to this quote. Feeling in control helps you manage the inevitable stress you'll encounter on any given day. There's just something about the empowerment that comes with owning up to your thoughts, actions and beliefs that can really help you manage your stress.
Here's a list of things involving personal growth. What you're supposed to do is pick five then rank them in order of what you want to work.
solve problems instead of being the victim
give up blaming, complaining and criticizing
accept
responsibility for creating my own experiences
stop behaviors that have a negative consequence
have the courage to make decisions
stop behaviors that have a negative consequence
have the courage to make decisions
learn
to define a problem and to develop an outcome on which I can take an
action
be self-disciplined (keep promises that I make to myself)
be self-disciplined (keep promises that I make to myself)
keep
people out of my business and stop attempting to change others
drop unrealistic expectations
drop unrealistic expectations
build
respect and trust for a person that I have neither
forgive
grieve
over my losses
These are my five: drop unrealistic expectations, be self-disciplined, learn to define a problem and to develop an actionable outcome, stop behaviors that have a negative consequence and have the courage to make decisions.
One of my worst habits is putting unreasonably high and unrealistic expectations on myself. As a matter of fact, I used to think I never did or accomplished enough in a day, no matter how super-humanly the 26 out of 30 things on my to-do list were done. So that's the biggest thing I've been working on. I've been working on that [plus the other four things] for about three months now, and I'm proud to say things have gotten much better!
Its a great idea to put your list somewhere that you'll see it daily. That way you can be reminded of how well you're doing in a couple of months!
Thanks for taking a peek at my first post in this inspirational series. Expect some more great content dealing with expectations, receiving criticism, relaxation, perfectionism, setting goals and soo much more. Can't wait to share all of this with you!!

7 comments:
I can completely relate to this post. I've been trying different ways to cope with stress, but more things seem to come up and get in the way. Blogging may get stressful at times, but I'm glad that I have a creative output.
ugh such a good post. you have some great things to say in terms of perspective. it was probably only until a couple of years ago that i stopped myself from getting into the victim role. i had to do a lot of growing up and sometimes its hard to even realize when you are doing it. but like you said, you need to forgive, move on and just get through problems on your own xo
I love that quote "stress is related to how out-of-control you feel"
I'm putting it on a post-it so it can remind to to just take baby steps when I'm over-focusing on the big picture
thanks!! <3
Meghan
This is a post I need to pay attention too!
I am so stressed right now because of all my uni work :(
I need to do at least 5 things on that list to calm down even just a little, man, this will be hard.
xx
But thanks! ;)
Thanks for this post! You nailed how I've been feeling!!!
I have been so stressed with school lately and it's really my own fault I feel "out of control" because I haven't been putting as much effort into studying as I did before. It's like, I love making A's, and I would freak if I didn't get them, but if I want to continue getting good grades this semester then I need to get my butt into focus, and I've just been slacking. Then when I do the usual, wait till the last minute to do an assignment, I go into total stress zone and I feel like I'm going to die. I hate it. I just need to breathe and get my priorities straightened out again. Thank you for posting this.
I definitely could benefit from dropping unrealistic expectations. I've been wearing myself too thin as of late.
And thanks for stopping by my blog! It's nice to "meet you" over the Internet. I've just had fun snooping through your past posts and hanging out on your lovely blog. :-)
Post a Comment