DIY: making a shirt sleeveless

This is a project I've been meaning to get to for such a long time now. And I mean it took all of thirty minutes. WHY was I putting it off for so long? Okay, so. This is one of my dear shirts that is guilty of some, uh...pit stains. So I thought making it sleeveless would freshen things up! 


1. Take a seam ripper if you have one and make a tiny hole in the seam where the sleeve connects to the body of the shirt. If you don't have a seam ripper, no worries! Skip to step 2 and make a tiny hole with the tip of the scissors 2. Cut as close to the seam as possible on the sleeve side of the seam 3. This is the finished cutting product! 4. Get some ready-made bias tape that matches the color of your shirt 5. Start stitching the bias tape around the sleeve of the shirt. There's no need to pin it in..just line it up as you go! 6. When you reach the end of the loop, put a little bit of double-sided tape on the end and fold it in to get a clean edge. Then finish sewing (make sure to back stitch so it doesn't come undone!). 7. Voila!!! Finished : )  Perfect for summer!
 

8 comments:

ShyScout said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ShyScout said...

Awesome!! This is such a neat and simple idea. I would love to freshen up my wardrobe a bit. Thanks for sharing this lady. The top looks so pretty again :]

Eden Marie said...

This is a simple and springy tutorial! What a great idea! xo :)

Anonymous said...

What a great tutorial! I definitely have shirts that would look better sleeveless. Maybe I'll try it out :)
I'm totally smitten by your blog, by the way. The posts and the design is downright cute!

xo, Samantha
http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

The Charley Girl said...

Adorable! I need to go through my closet, I know I have a bunch of tops that could use this!

xo

Roni E. said...

Love. I definitely like it much better after you handled it. :) I also love the way it looks with the skirt you're wearing. Pretty!

Unknown said...

What a fun DIY for spring! I have lots of shirts that could use this treatment

Anonymous said...

Looks cute (:

Blogging tips