"B" is for...

Bohemian. [image source]

I used to be obsessed with the bohemian look. Now I'd say that I dress more urban vintage than earthy, but I thought I'd pay ode to one of my favorite fashion looks. Such pretty pictures I've found!!




[12345678910]

Okay let's talk about that second picture. I've already accidentally fallen in love with a wedding dress* (oops) but if I hadn't, I'd be all over this one. So simple. It's got all of my favorite things! Sheer, lace and are those BIRDS in her hair? : )

A few other things to mention: I want as many animal skulls in my apartment as possible (I've already got a mole skull and two birds). I LOVE that blue feather necklace. On it (see one I made that's kinda similar). My clothing line dream a couple of years ago was to make different rompers/jumpsuits to fit every body type. I'm drooling over that burnt orange one from Free People! And. that. UP-DO! I need my hair to look like that every day.

*I find it necessary to write here that I have never been the kind of girl to obsess over her wedding day. And actually, I could never see myself having an actual wedding until recently. With that being the case, simple and quiet is how I see it going down.

What kind of girl are you? Do you/did you know how every detail of your wedding day is/was going to be? It's probably appropriate to say now that everything else in my life is planned to the last detail already. I'm a control freak and I love (hate) it! How did I even get on the topic of weddings?!?

I'm so happy. I have no idea how my future is going to pan out. I got let go at work and I have a puppy to feed and medical bills at out of the wazoo and I have no degree and struggle with staying happy and me and Matthew want to move but have no marketable skills (besides being incredibly awesome and hilarious people...well I'm funny, he's smart). But. It's okay (at least for today). Today I'm full of hope and know that I can accomplish probably 90-95% of the things I dream of doing. It probably has a lot to do with reading this daily, and finding this and this and this.

What makes you happy?

5 comments:

Megan said...

Your blog is really beautiful. I love the colors and the simplicity. Well done!

Also, I love these images. I'm actually planning my wedding right now, and I'm surprisingly so relaxed about it. I usually love planning out details, but for this I've been really laid back and going with the flow. I just want everyone to have fun, basically. I love the birds in her hair as well, how fun is that?! Anything bird-related wins me over.

two birds said...

I adore all of these images. I wish I could rock a long flowy dress and a headress. And those rooms amaze me. Love your blog...newest follower!

ShyScout said...

Your blog is just too cute. I really enjoyed this post. I love these photos. They are so beautiful. I like the second image down - the room with the skull on the wall - wow! I also enjoy the bohemian day bed, I would love to snuggle up and read a book in there or listen to some good tunes. I like that you have a collection of skulls (that sounds creepy), I just mean that I am drawn to how they look as well, they are so delicate - and obviously only if they are found out in nature.

I didn't start thinking about weddings and possibly my future wedding until recently. I definitely do not have it all planned out but I would LOVE a lace dress, possibly with cap sleeves and that is about the extent of my wedding vision. Also I think it would be cool to design everything at the wedding myself - I want it to feel rustic/vintage/fun? I dunno. I still have a ways to go before I need to start thinking about this. If my boyfriend read that I even had this much planned he would probably freak.

Not knowing what the future has in store is scary but so exciting too! Embrace it. It is something I am trying really hard to work on at the moment since I just graduated college and have no clue what will happen next. My family and friends thankfully keep me sane and happy.

Jenni Austria Germany said...

i loooove that BHLDN dress!

Lauren said...

I wish I had that awesome tee pee in my lounge room! When I was little I was obsessed with them, and my dad made me one in our yard so I could sit in there and write stories. I hope my future kids do cute things like that!

Lauren
http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

Blogging tips