
Um. YUM y'all. When I worked as a barista we had this frozen dreamsicle drink that mixed orange juice and white chocolate with a vanilla powder mix and it was delicious. This is my healthy version of that drink! I used two whole oranges (unpeeled, of course), honey and a scoop of vanilla protein powder. You put all of that in a blender along with half a glass of ice and about 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of your liquid preference (dairy/soy/almond/coconut milk or water). Add more liquid as necessary while blending. I'm really a guestimator in the kitchen, so just eyeball the honey. Just remember it's always easier to add a bit more later than to fix it if it's over sweetened! Don't be crazy, okay?

Protein shakes are really great post-workout meals. You can make them quickly and take them on the go if you're in a rush after your workout. They're also a really good supplement if you eat a mostly vegetarian diet like I do. I've heard complaints about how expensive protein powder can be, but the Target brand is really delicious and is very affordable. I'm talking $15 for 30+ shakes.

I've got a tutorial on a really yummy coffee protein shake too and lots of delicious ones coming your way over the summer.
Do you drink protein shakes? How do you drink yours? And have you ever noticed how "protein" is the one exception from the "I before E except after C" rule? WEIRD.
6 comments:
was the word WEIRD at the end a pun because it is also an exception to that rule?
THIS LOOKS DELICIOUS AND I WANT TO TRY IT OUUUU.
xo
http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/
I seriously need to make more shakes. I keep seeing all these delicious recipes and forget to make them! This one is seriously calling to me though - I love anything with honey. I'm totally bookmarking this :)
Ha oh my gosh I didn't even realize that! You're too smart!
And also, I'M REALLY APPRECIATING YOUR USE OF ALL CAPS OVER HERE. ON ACCOUNT OF I GET KINDA EXCITED LIKE THAT ALL. THE. TIME.
Hugs!
Ah and I'm totally not a honey type. It can be so good for you though so I'm slowly building my taste up for it!
I want to try this! I love orange creamsicles
this sounds so good! will definitely have to try making it. :)
Post a Comment