Out in the country at my parents' home

I don't know about you guys but I've been missing my family more than ever these days. I've found myself getting homesick a lot the past month..I'm not sure why, but I'll use any excuse I can to spend time with my precious family.
This is Gabby, aka my dad's favorite daughter : ) He has this joke where he'll tell each of us individually (there's three of us girls and then we have an older brother) that that one is his favorite daughter...but we know the truth. It's Gabby.
Maddy loves it at my folk's home. They live out in the country and have a ton of land. There's a big pasture out in the front, where we used to keep our horses, and a pretty backyard with woods behind it. Me and Maddy live in a small apartment, and while we take regular walks and get lots of play time, it's so nice to just let her run free.

Dad grilling some chicken and veggies : )

Flowers and plants. EVERYWHERE.

These are "the boys". My three sweet (cough cough) nephews. John Michael doesn't like his picture taken so I made sure to cut his head off : ) Aiden's in the middle and Landon is my little wild child (if you can't tell by the picture). You can see his cactus, Roger, below.

Landon didn't want Roger to feel lonely so he brought him some friends for warmth and company (aka grass).

And this sweet baby is our Kinsley, the golden child. Aka the only girl.



New kicks (and dirty knees)! I heart velcro, I really really do.

My family is so, so special to me. At times they've been all I've had to lean on. And to say that they are gracious and giving and loving and understanding is completely an understatement. I honestly can't wait to have my own family so I can share that kind of love. It gets so big in my heart sometimes that I think I might burst. But instead I just shove it on Maddy and make her deal with it : )

5 comments:

Dad said...

You know YOU are my favorite daughter!!

Melanie Lea said...

And you're my favorite dad!

Snappystreet said...

LOVE! Looks like a lovely time with family was had :)

Sofia Miacis said...

And Maddy gives you a lot of love :) Family will always be family, whatever what. And it's so good to have moments like the ones you shown.
Kisses
Sofia G

Abigail said...

Beautiful pictures. I love the vintage effect.
It's always good to visit family! I'm glad you had a great time.

Abigail
www.deardaffodils.blogspot.com

Blogging tips