Hey guys, guess what?
I'M BACK!!!! As in, my first year back to school is finally over and I can commit all of my time to this much-neglected but much-loved blogging and freelance thing.
This past year at school has been really challenging and it's definitely caused a shift in my priorities. I've struggled and fought so much with trying to do everything that I want to and have finally given up the fight. I've gotten into a routine where I do what I can for school and my relationships first, and then hope and pray for lots of grace from my readers and clients when I'm not 100% on top of my projects (which makes me cringe to even just write that).
All that was to say that I can't even describe how great it feels to have some freedom again! I have a MILLION projects and goals going on in my head and it's a breath of fresh air to know that these fun things get to take priority for a couple of months. Here goes...
BLOG MORE
// design tutorials
// DIYs
// write my "weekly" columns on an actual weekly basis (color party, DIY, currently, design party)
// figure out how to incorporate what I'm doing during the school year into MBD so that I can keep up consistent blogging throughout the year
FITNESS+HEALTH
//work out 5 times a week (cardio+strength on those days)
// walk Maddy every day (we almost got into such a good routine with this!)
// eat 4-5 times a day (only whole+unprocessed foods)
// cut out soda completely (only drink carbonation in the form of alcohol)
// cook (BAKE!) more at home
FREELANCE
// set up premade templates
// update MBD info pages
// make a landing page that houses navigation to blog, social media, portfolio and design shop
MONEY
// save up for a biiiiiig trip (and surprise) coming soon(ish)
// pay off current credit (not even thinking about student loans right now!)
// keep at least a couple hundred dollars in bank account at all times
HOME
// settle in with Jared (he's moving to MS this summer!!)
// buy/make new furniture (I'm in love with this table, these chairs + this desk/shelving unit)
// finish decor DIYs (and blog about them!)
Some stuff I have managed to do while in school: start an herb garden (and keep everything but one pesky thyme plant alive!), start a semi-regular fitness routine, create an aesthetic that better reflects my brand, update some things for MBD (even though they aren't updated on the blog yet), find my soulmate, grow my relationship with God (it's stronger than ever and I'm so much happier these days because of it!), take on two non-blog design clients with regular work and HELLO DID YOU READ WHAT I FIRST WROTE UP THERE? I FINISHED MY FIRST YEAR BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!
Cloud nine, y'all. Cloud nine.
**I'm currently moving all of my comments back to DISQUS. The goal is to allow more than just those with google accounts to comment and to be able to reply back to comments so we can have some more interaction going on here! Comments should be back up soon : )

5 comments:
"only drink carbonation in the form of alcohol" = love
Write a post about your herb garden! I've been wanting to start one FOREVER and have had no motivation/guidance.
So many goals, I hope you accomplish them all! :)
YAY! this post made me so excited!! good job & I believe you will cross out these goals quickly!
time to celebrate!!
Yaaaay! Congratulations!! I can totally relate to how you were feeling…trying to do everything is just impossible. It’s a hard decision to make, but choosing just a few things from a seemingly unending list of things to do, is far more productive and in the end rewarding.
My list is HUGE but over the last few months I’ve just picked three things and am now slowly starting to achieve something…it feels good!
I can’t wait to see how your blog develops and am looking forward to your DIY posts! Have fun!!
Niki x
http://www.hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com
Hey I look forward to seeing you accomplish all of that (and more) AND I'm dying now about this 'surprise' Tell meeee!!!!
x
Post a Comment