I came across this great post by Elsie over at A Beautiful Mess yesterday. It was about making simple goals that will add to and enrich your life and then rewarding yourself for reaching them. I feel like so often we are end- or goal-oriented people and we can get so caught up in all our doing-ness that we forget to breathe and congratulate ourselves for all that we do and have done. I mean, I know I'm guilty of it.
So I thought her idea was brilliant. She invited anyone who wants to do the project to join in then laid out the rules. You basically choose four things you'd like to accomplish by the end of the year but you have to make sure they aren't too difficult and that they'll add happiness and joy to your life. Then reward yourself for what you've done and keep an account of everything on your blog! Simple and fun.
My goals:
1//Get in gear with my wellness goals. Start taking steps to achieving those goals. That means thinking daily about whether I'm treating my body the way I need to, giving it the nutrients or activity it needs and thanking and praising it for doing all the wonderful things that working bodies do.
2//Create four things for my new home. I already finished one. I want to save the last three for my bedroom. We're in desperate need of wall art!
3//Buy my first DSLR and experiment with self-portraits and documenting the small details of my daily life. I'm buying the camera later this month!
4//Save at least $500. This one would be a HUGE deal to me! I've been without a consistent paycheck until recently and have never been that great with managing my money. Now that I'm working again I want to prove to myself that I can manage my money instead of it managing me. I can tell myself no even though I really really really want that pair of shoes.
The other part of the gig is to reward yourself for accomplishing your goals. I'm thinking I'll buy myself a massage after I finish my 4th piece of artwork then once it's all done I'm going to get a new tattoo! FUN!
Is anyone else out there doing this project? If you are I'd love to check out your post, so be sure to leave a link to your post if you do it!
So I thought her idea was brilliant. She invited anyone who wants to do the project to join in then laid out the rules. You basically choose four things you'd like to accomplish by the end of the year but you have to make sure they aren't too difficult and that they'll add happiness and joy to your life. Then reward yourself for what you've done and keep an account of everything on your blog! Simple and fun.
My goals:
1//Get in gear with my wellness goals. Start taking steps to achieving those goals. That means thinking daily about whether I'm treating my body the way I need to, giving it the nutrients or activity it needs and thanking and praising it for doing all the wonderful things that working bodies do.
2//Create four things for my new home. I already finished one. I want to save the last three for my bedroom. We're in desperate need of wall art!
3//Buy my first DSLR and experiment with self-portraits and documenting the small details of my daily life. I'm buying the camera later this month!
4//Save at least $500. This one would be a HUGE deal to me! I've been without a consistent paycheck until recently and have never been that great with managing my money. Now that I'm working again I want to prove to myself that I can manage my money instead of it managing me. I can tell myself no even though I really really really want that pair of shoes.
The other part of the gig is to reward yourself for accomplishing your goals. I'm thinking I'll buy myself a massage after I finish my 4th piece of artwork then once it's all done I'm going to get a new tattoo! FUN!
Is anyone else out there doing this project? If you are I'd love to check out your post, so be sure to leave a link to your post if you do it!

10 comments:
ive seen a couple of people do these as a reaction to Elsies post, which is awesome!!
I already set myself 18 goals this year, so i dont want to add to it! haha.
good luck!! they're all great goals.
chloex
Ooh I might do this.. Good luck with your wellness goals!! And yes, yes, yes for a DSLR!
I've been meaning to do this - I think it's a really well worked out way of doing it to (I read her post!). I'm so goal oriented during September it drives me crazy almost hahaha!
I LOVE the DIY youve already done with the lights - I hadn't seen it, but its so cool!!
For buying a DSLR, I seriously suggest trying them out a LOT at the store, doing a lot of research, and not basing your choice based off of one single person's opinion - which is what I did, because it was the only person I knew well who was into photography. And to be honest I am not at all happy with my choice of DSLR, and that's sort of a big deal for such an expensive thing! I've had it for two years though, and it's okay of course, but I think I'll get a new one when it's financially realistic aha.
xo
http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca
good luck with your goals! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the wall art :)
Stephanie
owlsinmyheart.blogspot.com
When I was 17 I worked for a couple that were on the end of retiring, and my boss said to me one day 'it is really important to reward yourself, or treat yourself in some small or big way everyday. Because we need to remind ourselves that we're important' and that really sat will with me. Even if its just getting to the end of my to-do list and treating myself to a coffee or something little. I implemented this long ago and its stuck!
Good luck with your goals!
Lauren
http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com
What a great idea! Four goals seems reasonable and it's always nice to reward ones self! :)
Your goals are totally relatable and achievable, I'm sure. You'll do well ;) That Y'all sign was really one of the best home arts ever! I love love love it!
I like these Melanie! I need to do this post:) Really special idea!
I did mine last night! You can read all about them here :D
I like yours, especially the first one. We should all do that ALL the time! I think I forgot my reward... um.. it's a secret I mean... hehe.
xo
I could never work at Forever21 and have a paycheck!!! If you save money that will be a HUGE goal! LOL I don't let myself work at clothing stores for a reason. I plan to do this post this week on my blog. I really need to stick to my goals. :)
Thanks for sharing yours.
these are fabulous goals! I bought a dslr and my goal before christmas is to learn to use it better! I have already joined a class :)
Post a Comment