Sweet stones




Look at these beautiful stones that Matthew gave me! My jaw was on the floor when he showed them to me. Especially because I've been looking for some decent and decently priced pyrite (aka fool's gold) for over a year now! And arrowheads!! And beautiful turquoise and quartz!  Oooh and there were amethyst stones and two beautiful agate slices!!


Most of this is from a stone collecting kit that Matthew had when he was a little boy. He was (and actually still is) really into collecting stones and rocks. I have a mini rock garden on my dashboard from random ones that Matthew has found and named for me! It meant so much that he wanted to give me these : ) What a keeper!


PS--DIY coming on Monday involving chains and stones. FUN.

11 comments:

Lady Rave Unlaced said...

O: Jealous!

HelloAnnabel said...

oh sweet mary! this is AMAZING. I want to steal this from you! My collection is nowhere near this big, I especially love those chunks on amethyst, mmm pretty!! xo

Danielle said...

Those are all stunning! I can't wait to see the DIY post.

Erica P said...

So sweet :)


I've been looking for some pretty stones for some projects I have in mind. These are just beautiful!


http://caughtonawhim.blogspot.com/

Niki Whittle said...

Oh they're so beautiful! I can't wait to see what you do with them...i'm thinking a pair of statement earrings would be gorgeous :)

Http://www.hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com

Gentrilee said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!! I love this and am kinda jealous!! They're all so beautiful and what a perfect box! Can't wait for the DIY!

allie safran said...

im certain i had that same box growing up!!

jasmine jewel said...

Such gorgeous stones! What a sweet sweet heartfelt gift. Makes me gush, so sweet.

Roni said...

Those are gorgeous! I used to want to collect gem stones and rocks when I was a kid, but I only ever had a few and honestly, I have no idea where they are now. My favorites are the amethyst stones, as that's my birthstone. Matthew is a true sweetie for this thoughtful gift.

Lena said...

So absolutely beautiful! These stones totally remind me of my rock collection from way back when. I totally named every single rocked that I had collected. Gosh, I'm cool. Hah!

jorjia peach said...

this rules.

Blogging tips