Clothing DIYs are by far my favorite. I like making things that you will actually use plus its a nice bonus when you can show it off in public! PLUS they are my most popular posts which means you guys are eating them up too : ) Which makes me one happy DIYer/blogger!
This DIY was inspired by the designer Lauren Moffatt. I was checking out her Spring 2012 collection (and have been eying that awesome coral/arrow design since last winter) when I decided I'd make my own arrow/graphic print (on a coral/pink tee, no less)!

These are the supplies you'll need: any colored tee (I got mine from Target for $8!), a ruler, a pencil, fabric paint, small paint brushes in varying sizes and a wash cloth.
First you use your ruler and pencil to draw your lines. Next use your paint to start drawing on your shapes (I totally free handed mine but I suggest drawing it in first and deciding on where you're going to use your different colors beforehand...it got kind of confusing!). I did one color at a time (first bronze, then gold, then white, then black!). You'll have to let it dry for at least 24 hours, then you iron both sides of your tee. I recommend using the lowest heat setting on your iron. This sets in the paint and makes it washer friendly!

See my new glasses! I ordered them from BonLook and haven't taken them off since they came in : )
Happy DIYing yall!

15 comments:
That top is really gorgeous,it looks very very profesh. I adore you blog by the way. I discovered it today and I am hooked!
Ally xxx
nowthatspretty.blogspot.com
Thanks Gina! Maybe that'd be a good project for you and your husband to do together : )
Wow. That shirt looks very Lauren Moffatt-y! Great job, dude. And you look So stylish in that that last picture. I'm so digging this look.
Love this!!! Looks easy enough that even I can do it! :P
this looks awesome - i love this idea - is that tee from target by chance?
<3 katherine
ofcorgisandcocktails.com
Wow that's a pretty cool idea!! I gotta give it a try!! =)
Lemanie's Randomness
Blog
I ADORE this and your tattoo! Not sure I have a steady enough hand for it, but my husband is the artist, he might:)
Great idea, the pattern is so fun!
LOVE this! I've been wanting to paint on fabric for a while and now I know what I need! :) You are so creative, and the arrows look amazing, I love the colors and the layout.
Brilliant! Look at you being all creative! I'm definitely going to snag this DIY and give it a try!
http://acrookedtrail.blogspot.com
so cool! I haven't really experimented much with fabric paint, except in a screen-printing class...
<3
Megha
ooh lala you look great! Love how it turned out. At first I thought the fabric paint was nutella haha! I guess I must be hungry...
Also, this is random, but how do you get your sponsor buttons to rotate everytime your page is opened? Help would be appreciated :)
http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/
This is awesome! I want to try this on a skirt!
I hope it's okay for me to pin this : ) I love it! Totally want to try!
Jenn
passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com
Consider it pinned :
http://pinterest.com/pin/28780885088763656/ : ) Love it!
Post a Comment